Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

THE MUSIC OF ISLAM - Volume Two: Music of the South Sinai Bedouins


I might do well to mention that I have been up more or less all night...in pain. I don't say it to garner sympathy, more to get across the weird twilight zone type of surreality I am floating in right now.
I will post this one and then go for a sleep. Oh and this is the second night in a row that pain has caused a night of wakefulness. Which is tiring in itself.
Anyway(....!)


You should be H-A-P-P-Y ! It's the SECOND Volume in the series!
This one's from the Bedouin Tribes. Did I mention the first one is Egyptian?
Anyway I will post the story behind this collection later.

enjoy the music my friends....
I need to get myself horizontal before I sleep vertically.

Zzzzzzzz.




THE MUSIC OF ISLAM - Volume Two: Music of the South Sinai Bedouins

part 1
================
part 2
================
================




This blogspot is acting fucked up lately. I mean....tell me why the fuck should I have to type in a word verification code EVERY TIME i make a post???!!!
Its irritating! It's just started appearing in the last few days. Also when you publish, it doesn't work. Just gives an error telling you to wait 'ten minutes' and try again. Obviously two hours later it still won't fucking work!
If someone is going to give me a service for FREE, it had better fucking work properly. Or it is a direct insult.
The bastards.

Tags::::::
- Link for this post -

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!!! You rock, man - great blog and great content!

2/12/2006 05:48:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude. you are awesome for posting this series. not many are hip to this amazing music. I bought the sampler disc a few years back and have been lusting after the whole collection which goes for $180 or something like that for ages. but I've collected a few here and there, these 2 are def appreciated. which one is your favorite? the Andalusian one is great, the "music of the mystics" or something like that is out of this world... they are all amazing... the Indonesia one has this 1 drop dead gorgeoius track on it with these girls singing, 2nd track on the 2nd disc if I'm not mistaken... sends chills down my spine and almost brings tear to my eyes.

2/13/2006 05:00:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Gresat. Thanks for the feedback, it makes it all seem worth it, seriously.
By the way...erm, do you still have that sampler disc as it's the only one I don't have?
....hint hint..
You can email me with the reply here
Thanks!

2/13/2006 10:48:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Don't use that link I provided..it sucks. Just email me by clicking on the main page and then the 'see my profile' link..or use the report deadlinks button on main page!!

2/13/2006 10:50:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to type in a word verification code EVERY TIME i make a post
Also when you publish, it doesn't work.Just gives an error telling you to wait 'ten minutes' and try again.

That sucks. I use haloscan.Perhaps you should try it yourself:
http://www.haloscan.com/

2/13/2006 08:10:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah I still have the sampler disc but it's just 1 track from each of the 15 discs, so it's all material taken from thes series. I can actually hook you up with better stuff than that... are you hip to Gamelan? (I'll prolly regret opening this colossal can of worms later...)

2/14/2006 08:50:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

I think you probably WILL regret it as I haven't the slightest idea what gamelan means. Could it be something to do with local area networking and game playing?
probably not eh.

2/15/2006 11:22:00 pm  
Blogger zhao said...

hi there. sorry haven't been back in a while. don't know if it's a good idea to continue this conversation on this old post or if I should leave a comment on a new one?

anyhow... Gamelan is a form of metal percussion orchestra of Indonesia. the word means the ensemble of instruments, but has come to mean the form of music played with it, which is the official classical music of the region. it can have up to 30 or 40 players, who play small bells to giant bass gongs, and the music is like the most advanced, mind boggling, and tight as FUCK mathematical yet just gorgeous clusters of ringing, harmonizing tones. sometimes there is flute with it, sometimes voice. Gamelan from Bali is fast and spectacular, Gamelan from Java is meditative and poetic. and there are also lesser forms of Gamelan from the surrounding forests and such; Gamelans made out of wood or bamboo, and each region has it's own distinctive tradtion and sound. but all are other worldly and some of the most jaw droppingly amazing music on earth.

http://images.google.com/images?q=gamelan&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images

I promise you that I will rip a couple of CHOICE Gamelan discs for you after I get back from this trip, March 22nd.

3/03/2006 02:56:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home