Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Monday, April 23, 2007

[2007] Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare


Well I thought I would see what the hype machine was droning on about around these parts(No not the fuckin' website...it's just a term, knob-head).
It seems that whatever newspaper I look at or website I read a review on, the band that made sellout history with their first album have gone and (kind of) done it again insofar as they are getting gleaming reviews. Strange thing is that most reviews have a negative slant and then build up or end with comments like 'they really are a class act' or similar shit.
So is the second album as good as the first?
It isn't as much pop. It isn't as much singalong for the same reason. Maybe I am missing something that everyone else is picking up on. Or is it that I am picking up on something that everyone else isn't??
More likely in my opinion.
Whatever the case may...
On the first listen I was left thinking that Arctic Monkeys really have matured, their lyrics still have that resounding and cutting street quality to them...sharp and often witty. The music was definitely more challenging in parts with a lot more 'noise' where there used to be melody.
On the second listen I already knew the tunes of a few of the tracks and was still enjoying it.
The third listen was draining on my brain. My other half actually shouted through and asked if I could turn it down or put it off as it was 'doing her head in' !' I replied by turning it off as I agreed.
I am afraid to say that, as much as the lyrics are brilliance at times, flashes of genius in the basslines or drumming and some cracking riffs...that Alex geezer has got one fucking irritating voice!
There is a lot of noise about this album.
Rightly so.
This album is little more than a lot of noise!
Not one I'll be playing often.


LINKS:

Single Rar Archive] Click or Click
================
Single Rar Archive Alternative] Click or Click
================
================

I suspect my opinion is not a popular one.
It's shit being right all the time.



Tags::::::

Labels: ,

- Link for this post -

4 Comments:

Blogger Trustar said...

I'm with you amigo. Got the last album early on due to the buzz. Could not figure it out. Going to give them another try here to see if my old ears can find something to get buzzed about.

Thanks for the share.

Trustar
Trustar Vibrations

4/30/2007 11:19:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Definitely worth a try but I can't get into it even now the dust has settled.
Worth a download but not worth an album!

5/01/2007 02:28:00 pm  
Blogger Skroeder said...

thanks for the post.. no, there are not as many sing-a-long-riffs in this album.. And its not as teeny i guess :)

5/08/2007 08:39:00 am  
Blogger treasurebox said...

Arctic Monkeys are shi, not your opinion

6/04/2007 11:53:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home