Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Leonard Cohen - Greatest Hits [1975]



Leonard Cohen.
The name always brings me vague and hazy memories of dark nights sitting by the glowing coal fireside, my dad, drunk, on the armchair going on about Bob Dylan, Woody Guthrie and Leonard cohen.
I couldn't tell you the exact words (especially these days with my goldfish-like memory) but the general message amounted to something along the lines of: 'Bob Dylan is King of the Universe but only because he had a great admiration and respect for these other guys Woody & Leonard!' ... 'You have to listen to Leonard Cohen son!' ... at which point he would stumble across and place a cohen album on the old record player. then...aaaah. He might fall asleep. Or at least he would fall silent which was almost as good!

Leonard Cohen.
If you know him then you really don't need me to tell you what I hardly know.
If you don't know him then I ought to be telling you 'This is your lucky day!'.
I won't bore you with badly researched biographical facts that you can find for yourself at wikipedia or artist direct or here.
You can even have a listen to one of his great songs if you click this link...Suzanne
I will give you the advice my dad gave me when I was a bit older though as it's pretty good - start with the 'Greatest Hits' album and then, at your own pace you can dip into his other stuff. And, as my Dad also used to say - you won't find one fucking bad song by Leonard Cohen, the man's a genius!

I agree.

LINKS:
Remember - Files are in Rar archives~ Info Here, Winrar Software Here

Single Rar Archive] Click or Click.
================
Single Rar Alternative 1] Click or Click.
================
================

This is the first of a few Cohen posts so fill yer' boots whilst the going is good...they never last long!

Tags::::::

Labels: ,

- Link for this post -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home