Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington.

The most hilarious show on the planet these days is without contest the Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant radio show on Londons XFM. The show ran a couple of years back and I had no idea about it then. Someone pointed it out to me and the fact that XFMs website gave downloads of the archives(unfortunately without the music) and since then I have been a fan.
Recently I was having a look on XFM.co.uk and discovered that they were coming back(only for 6weeks to fill in for some other Djs). I made a point of catching the shows this time around, as they are broadcast, live online.
For anyone who wants to keep their own archive with the music, I recorded the stream and have posted it below. The stream was the high quality one and is as good as it can sound. Decoded to Wav it was over 1.2gb!!
For all you ipod freaks out there I have managed a minor miracle. The show now makes a good listenable quality and comes out at 40MB.
Well, I was impressed at least..
I swear it doesn't sound crap like some underwater 32kbps mp3. Oh no. Its fine. Try it.
I removed the advertising and any other crap to make it as small as possible.

Links:

No longer uploaded. Send me a request (A donation?) and maybe i can be persuaded to upload the lot ;)
===============

I swear, if this doesn't make you howl with laughter then I want nothing more to do with you.
The show is billed as Ricky and Stephen but the 'producer' Karl, is the true star. Without his presence I doubt Mr gervais could carry it off quite as well as he manages to.
Look out for the parts where Ricky attempts to sound like an intellectual as he is 'educating' Karl -on topics they both don't have a clue on.. evolution, genetics, etc. Brilliant!
Some music to follow.

Labels:

- Link for this post -

2 Comments:

Blogger hitmewithit said...

hehe great.
Come on it aint that bad, don't be a twat..
You can have the 1.2gb file if you give me an uploading address. I only compressed it to within an inch of it's life for people who can't get a better internet connection..

6/12/2005 06:15:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Thanks mate. I appreciate the feedback as it's good to know what you want.
I have a wealth of albums to upload. I am also going to be providing the ONLY resource for the XFM radio show for portable MP3 players for people and believe me there are many that want it!
You have no interest in it, that's fine but It is still there for others.

Re' the music though: Give it time. Be patient.
Lots to come and I am still trying to sort a few things out..!

6/12/2005 07:29:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home