Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited

This is my absolute favourite Bob Dylan album by far. Highway 61 Revisited has Like A Rolling Stone as it's first track, so even if you don't know anything about Dylan, if that's the only track you know, download this CD and start here!
Any intrest in his new CD?
Back catalogue?
LINKS:


part 1
================
part 2
================
part 3
================
part 4
================
part 5
================
================

Tags::::::
- Link for this post -

6 Comments:

Blogger alvega said...

Thanks mate.
However me thinks that it's just an 'unfair' bitrate (128k's) for such a fine music...
I have the DCC Gold reissue from April 30, 1992 in .flac's stored somewhere...if needed I can up it somewhere for you.

11/23/2006 11:12:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

OOps. I didn't realise it was a 128k.
Definitely an unfair bitrate.
Maybe hitMeWIthMuzak wil consider a reupload....hey mate, 128k is just not accepted fayre these days!!
Sorry but it's true!
192 is the lowest I would go, or if it is the only copy you have of an album, just make sure to tell people it is lower than 192k, so they know before they download it. Otherwise they don't hold back on the complaints!

11/24/2006 02:12:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More often than the bit-rate it is the knowledge of the encoder than matters.
I have seen some poor encodes using 192 & I have seen some tracks @ 128 that do approach CD quality.
Guess it depends alot on the source (& in most cases that will come from the Ripping application & process).

I actually find that alot of 160kbps (possibly VBR perhaps not, depends on the track - you have to have a good ear across all frequencies to spot when to use what) encoded tracks when done well are indistinguishable from the usual 192CBR tracks.

Having said all that. My brother owns a copy of this. I could encode & up. Most likely I won't. John Wesley Harding is my favourite album. Probably alot to do with 'All Along the Watchtower' whose lyrics I think are superlative being on there & the Jimi Hendrix connection.
I also happen to think it is Dylan's funkiest album.
That album & a thorough 2-Disc best of retrospective is all I need from the man to keep me happy on the Dylan front.

11/25/2006 02:53:00 pm  
Blogger HitMeWithMuzak said...

Ok, thx, next time I post, I'll re-upp this in 256kbps as well.
sry for any inconvenience
-HitMeWithMuzak

11/25/2006 03:10:00 pm  
Blogger alvega said...

Well Wez Alka...perhaps people that have the same feelings you do could settle for a compilation called "Bob Dylan - And The Times They Were A-Changin' " with this 18 track listing:

01 - Mr. Tambourine Man
02 - The Mighty Quinn
03 - All Along The Watchtower
04 - It's All Over Now Baby Blue
05 - Only A Hobo
06 - Knockin' On Heavin's Door
07 - A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
08 - Highway 61 Revisited
09 - Absolutely Sweet Marie
10 - It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry
11 - Tears Of Rage
12 - Percy's Song
13 - Buckets Of Rain
14 - It Ain't Me Babe
15 - Love Is A Four Letter Word (Live)
16 - With God On Our Side
17 - Chimes Of Freedom
18 - It's Alright Ma, I'm Only Bleeding


I'm really not sure if it ever was released in a retail CD or if this is a legitimate cover for it...

However anyone interested can find it (in .flac format) inside
this huge torrent here as long as they know how to operate a BT client.

12/13/2006 03:59:00 am  
Blogger alvega said...

In time: chico posted Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited (1965) here @ 224kbps.

12/13/2006 02:21:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home