Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Bob Dylan Theme Time Radio Hour Episode 29 - Food [Extra-High Quality]

I made it the highest VBR quality setting this time as the size difference isn't really that much so I thought it might as well be.
I have to say I really enjoyed his show this week. not that I am familiar with the tracks he played (as is usually the case!) but I now want to go looking for some of them! A nice relaxing show.


Anyway, go get it on

The Dylan Page


TRACKLIST
01 Everybody Eats When They Come To My House - Cab Calloway[1947]
02 Rice Crispies [Wake Up In The Morning] - Rolling Stones[1963]
03 Bar-B-Q - Wendy Rene[1964]
04 Hot Biscuits And Sweet Marie - Lincoln Chase[1961]
05 Eat That Chicken - Charles Mingus[1961]
06 Hamburger Hop - Johnny Hicks[1950]
07 Swing And Dine - The Melodians[1968]
08 Purple Stew - Thurston Harris with Rufus Hunter[1958]
09 Shortnin' Bread - Paul Chaplain & His Emeralds[1960]
10 Matzoh Balls - Slim Gaillard & His Flat Foot Floogie Boys[1939]
11 I Heard The Voice Of A Pork Chop - Jim Jackson[1928]
12 Hey Pete! Let's Eat More Meat - Dizzie Gillespie[1946]
13 Hungry Man - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five[1947]
14 Saturday Night Fish Fry - The Blue Dots[1957]
15 The Hamburger Song - Bobby Moore & The Rhythm Aces[1966]
16 Hot Dog - The Detroit Cobras[2005]
17 I Like Pie, I Like Cake - Four Clefs[1939]
================
================

Ciao.

Tags ::::::::::

Labels:

- Link for this post -

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for another excellent version, hitmewithit. I found a 70 MB version a few hours before you posted, but I decided to keep faith with your version, and received my reward in the higher bitrate. It seems sensible not to economise too much on bitrate - this one's only a few MBs bigger than last week's version.
I was a bit surprised how big the file was when it was extracted - is that because it's VBR or something?
Cheers,
belubettlo

11/17/2006 06:22:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some afterthoughts;
Interesting to hear the Stones make fools of themselves in exchange for the Kellogs(?) dollar. And this was at the height of their rebel years, long before they became Establishment.
Nice bit of Southern Soul from Wendy Rene - I first came across her singing After Laughter comes Tears in the German/Turkish movie Head On. Would like to hear more of her - can you come up with anything?
Cheers.

11/17/2006 06:32:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hello mate. Yes it's not much different to go better quality, though I was surprised myself at the Rar compressin on it...maybe it is the VBR. Don't know. sometimes MP3s compress nothing worth noticing but the odd one will do pretty well...it has to be something to do with the actual content I think, how much data is contained in the file...so if it has more quiet parts or something...? I don't know!

Yeah that Stones thing made me smile...twats(!).
I will also try and see what I can find of Wendy Rene. Just expect that I am slower than usual right now...but I will put it on my list ok!
I found some of your links of dylan NME and Dylan pdfs of various tour guides, flyers etc. but they were all dead on RS.
I was thinking it would be nice to offer them here, along with the show. (If that's ok). Any chance of grabbing them off you somehow?
If you don't want to RS them again then you can always rar them up and gmail to me..
Would be nice to see some of them anyway :)
Cheers.

11/17/2006 01:04:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home