Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Mano Solo - Two Albums... Plus a Large index of MP3

Click to enlarge.
Anyone who has been coming here for a while...(or am I the only one left? probably.) might remember how estatic I was when I discovered the French singer songwriter who goes by name of Mano Solo.
No?
Let me remind you...this is a guy who still makes me shudder when I hear his albums. He has that rare talent for singing with unadulterated passion. Music and vocals from the soul (wherever or whatever that may be), the kind of stuff that can have a physical effect on you when you hear it. I'm talking about tingling or the hairs on the back of your neck going up, not the more usual reaction of chart music of recent years, and that is to feel like spewing up.
I posted some of his albums in the past and today I located some more hidden away on the old hard drive.
They are:
'Je sais pas trop' and,
'Les Frères Misère'
Having played them this afternoon I now share them with you. These are slightly different to the Mano Solo I posted all that time ago. These are a lot more up tempo. The album 'Les Frères Misère' is distinctly punky and I have to say I just love it.
Like his other music, I still maintain that the language barrier is not an issue here. The music and the pure passion of the singing comes over to you no matter what language you speak or understand.
That said, a couple of chorus lines I just wish I knew the translations of!!
If anyone reading this is French can you email me so I can send you some lyrics and you might translate them roughly for me?

Click to enlarge

Oh, just one thing - the copy of 'Les Frères Misère' I have is only in 128k bitrate. Sorry but it's the only copy I can find for now.
The other album is a more healthy 192k.

.LINKS.

Les Frères Misère
Server 1
Server 2
================

Je sais pas trop
Server 1
Server 2
================
==================

It's been a while since I went looking for indexes of files, or directories as they are known. Actually, they have the name of 'DEX' by those in the know. For those who are not, here is a quick guide..A DEX is basically a folder on a PC somewhere in the world, with files on it that are accessible by you and me. So we download them. That's it. Now you know what a DEX is!) ...
we have the link, or address to the files and this enables us to download. Usually there are a million DEX's all over the place all the time!! Usually we are only looking for the ones filled with MP3 or other audio files. (but there are other types of files stored on PCs too as you must know!).
How do you find these DEX's? I'll save it for another day...you can always google it and find out!

I had a quick look today and brought back quite a good one for you..
Here's some direct links you might want to try, followed by the link to the main directory where you can go and browse through all of the files, downloading whatever you choose as you go.

Why not try these and play my chosen playlist while you then go browsing through the rest of the files?
Bob Dylan - Cocaine Blues (live).mp3
Bob Marley - Jah live (Very good).mp3
Deep Purple - Lazy.mp3
Didier Bénureau - Chanson Pour Morales.mp3
Dillinger - Cokane in my brain.mp3
Dr. John & BB King - Is You Is, Or Is You Aint My Baby.mp3
Edith Piaf - Mon vieux Lucien.mp3
Eric Clapton & Santana & Jimi Hendrix - After Midnight.mp3
Frank Sinatra - New York, New York.mp3
Frank Zappa - Watermelon in easter hay.mp3
Gainsbourg & Birkin - Je T'aime Moi Non Plus.mp3
Gainsbourg - 69 annee erotique.mp3
Janis Joplin - Down On Me.mp3
Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby Mcgee.mp3
Janis Joplin - Summertime.mp3
Jimi Hendrix & B.B. King - Like a Rolling Stone.mp3
Jimi Hendrix - Angel (Acoustic).mp3
Jimi Hendrix - Machine Gun.mp3
Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song.mp3
M - La Bonne Etoile.mp3
Max Romeo - War in a Babylon.MP3
Max Romeo - My jamaican herb.mp3
Musical Youth - Pass The Dutchie.mp3
Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Last Night.mp3
Noir Desir - Ces gens la (Jacques Brel).mp3
Noir Desir - Lolita nie en bloc.mp3
Patrice - Shine On My Way.mp3
Redman & Muddy Waters - Smoke Buddah.mp3
Sex Pistols - Anarchy in the UK.mp3
Sex Pistols - No Feelings.mp3
The Doors - Break On Through (To The Other Side).mp3
The Doors - Five To One.mp3
The Doors - I Can't See Your Face In My Mind.mp3
The Pixies - Where Is My Mind.mp3
Tom Waits - The Piano Has Been Drinking (Not Me).mp3
patrice - Babylon.mp3

There are loads more tracks to download there, the above is just a selected few that I put on an instant playlist for myself and thought you might like to try the same. What a bloody great playlist it is too...hehe.
I know everyone is so internet savvy these days but a lot aren't, that's why I felt the need to half explain what a directory is.
If you click on this link
THIS LINK
You will be in a directory of mp3 files. There are quite a few complete albums in there, lots by The Doors, Bob Marley and a good few French chanson artists, some I never heard of until tonight. And a lot more besides.
Go see for yourself!
Enjoy.


Tags::::::

Labels: ,

- Link for this post -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home