Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Howling Bells - Howling Bells [2006]



I somehow came across this band the other day completely by accident. What I mean by that is that I wasn't looking for any music at that time, I was just aimlessly surfing the net trying to focus my mind from pain etc. I found a page where someone had uploaded a couple of tracks and was going on about how great this band was. I couldn't read that and then just go off without trying them for myself now could I?
Am I glad I did!
I now have them in my playlist on Winamp more than anything else (for now).
I love it!
Think 'Nick cave' meets 'PJ Harvey' meets Transvision Vamp (yes seriously) meets Siouxsie Sioux(get this - I have just been informed that they used to be a couple and I knew nothing of it!!)... meets that 90's UK Grunge sound.
Interesting mix?
I can't tell you enough times YOU MUST hear this.


LINKS:

Single Rar Archive] Click or Click
================
Single Rar Archive Alternative] Click or Click
================
Single Rar Archive Alternative2] Click or Click
================
================

Unfortunately I discover today that the so far brilliant and fast, unlimited file hosting service MEDIAFIRE.com, has now announced it will no longer be accepting password protected rar files.
Fair enough, bad news and all that but the most annoying thing is that they didn't actually fuckin' announce it; I uploaded a huge file there and when it had finally finished uploading the page refreshed with the message informing me of the new rule and saying the file would not be hosted there.
Might they consider just telling us BEFORE we upload something?
Damn.
On a lighter note, I just spent about a whole days worth of hours removing the worst virus I have even encountered. Ever.
It consisted of lots of separate files which all helped each other to stay active and stop me removing or deleting any of them. It is a horrible thing when you delete a file and it reappears right there in front of you.
Even more horrifying is when you try to run any of lots of security programs, even the registry editor and windows throws up an error saying the file cannot be found...when you are looking right at the file and it is definitely there!
I learned a lot today.
I learned about 'Image File Execution Options' which, you would hope you never have to. This part of your loving XP registry is where you can enter a file name and an alias which basically means, if I enter notepad and give it the alias iexplore.exe(the Internet explorer program file) then, any time anyone tries to run notepad internet explorer will open.
now, imagine if you have a huge list of every known antivirus program file written into there with the alias file all being redirected to the actual virus! Causing it to be executed multiple times any time you try to do anything! Then add to that the ability, whenever I open ANY explorer window, for a pair of files to be instantly created which are another part of the virus...I could go on.
One more thing, this seems to be a very new or little known about virus too.
A Google or any other search only brought back pages from China...and not many either.
I like a challenge though.
I won.
Heh.

For any of you not savvy in the area of computing generally: You have NOTHING to fear from any mp3 files or anything I upload!! The virus infects EXE files and DLL files only. Plus, you should scan everything you download anyway, not like me...I learned that much today: To stop being a twat and thinking I had an invincible PC!

Tags::::::

Labels: ,

- Link for this post -

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not able to open the Hendrix disc 11 or 12. I've copied and pasted the password, and I've tried it manually, but it never works. I've also tried re-downloading the files with the same problems. Anyone else have this problem? All the files I've DL from here in the past have worked fine :(

2/11/2007 11:38:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i still haven't figured out how to find dex files. maybe some help?

2/12/2007 04:36:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

HEndris Files: I really can't think what your problem can be my friend. All I can say is that you must try again!!
Download the RAR files, making sure you already deleted the ones you downloaded and clearing your browser cache or temp internet files folder (otherwise you can end up not actual;ly redownloading but opening the same files you still have on your PC). Then when you downloaded the files again just copy and paste the following password:
MP3@3pm

It has to work.
If not then you need to try one last thing...get a different and possibly more recent version of winrar. You can find a link to this on the bob dylan radio page, linked from the main page ok.
Good luck!

Advice for finding DEX files..?
I may do a little guide on it soon but to be honest a google search for that information will bring loads of guides back!

2/12/2007 01:22:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home