Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Experience Hendrix! Now is the time you did!



Wow. You know I almost posted here before 3pm today! that would have been an achievement.
Unfortunately it didn't happen. I am thinking of changing the name of the site to 'MP3 once a week, if you're lucky' ... what do you think? It doesn't quite have the same ring to it though.



Todays offering, extremely high quality music it is too, comes to you from the kindness of the man in the comments box. 'P in the Hole' is his moniker. I don't know if he does 'P' in a hole (hard-har-de-har-har) or if he truly thinks he lives, in a hole. No matter, he manages to listen to some top class music in his hole (oo-er missus that don't sound right?!) and that's all we will concern ourselves with today agreed?
(If you really want to know about P and his hole then leave him a comment next time you see him in the commentbox...)


Jimi Hendrix.
You might have heard of him.
You might even have seen him mentioned on this very site once or twice in the past.
Well this album hasn't got him on it.
Yes of course there is a reason for mentioning him, this is a tribute concert or whatever you would like to call it, which has all Hendrix songs, sung and played by what I would have to conclude must be the BEST guitarists in the world!
I was astounded by about track 03 when I was watching the DVD of this yesterday. Just incredible talent on here.
I rarely rip DVD audio but this called for special treatment as I just had to share it with you all.
So here it is, ripped to the highest bitrate from the AC3 audio which was on the DVD, brought to you so you can have a listen and see just how bloody brilliant these guys can play Hendrix.
I mean, you just won't believe it.

By way of a treat/preview, there is a guy called Eric Gales (I'd never heard of him until now) who does a great rendition of Purple Haze. Not many people can go on a stage and pull off a good version of this song. This guy can and he makes it look easy too.
-- Low-bitrate audio preview --




LINKS:
Remember - Files are in Rar archives~ Using Winrar, Winrar Software Here
Howto Download From Megaupload
Howto Download From Rapidshare


Split Rar Archives] Part 1, Part 2 or Part 1, Part 2.
================
Split Rars Alternative 1] Part 1, Part 2 or Part 1, Part 2.
================
================

There may be more tomorrow, there may be more next week. heh!

Tags::::::

Labels: , ,

- Link for this post -

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Downloaded it twice from different sites. None of the tracks play in Windows Media Player but play in everything else. Any chance of getting a video rip?

Thanks

1/28/2009 04:43:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Huh?
I really don't get it. they are just MP3 files.
Oh well you know what to do mate...stop using that crap player and use a decent one.!
:)
Was thinking of ripping the video sometime soon.

1/28/2009 08:59:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

I recommend you check these links for help:
http://forums.techarena.in/media-player/843076.htm

Especially the info here about bad headers:
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#badid3

That is bound to be the problem. I have tagged the files and WMP doesn't like the tags. You should be able to fix it easily mate.

1/28/2009 09:22:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info, I usually run music on something else but I had a codec problem so tech support (okay my son) reinstalled the codec pack and it went back to media player. Tried running the files through dbpoweramp but it refused them also. Will let you know what tech support found out.
Jeff
P.S. keep up the great stuff.

1/28/2009 07:53:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My tech told me to open the files in Audacity, export to wav, run through dbPoweramp converting to mp3. It worked liuke a charm. They now run in Media Player.

Jeff

1/29/2009 04:09:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Oh damn.
no, I mean, I am glad you fixed it but...I re-ripped it to constant
bitrate MP3 with 44,000Hz instead of what it was at 48,000Hz which I
thought may be the problem. I was just finishing uploading the new
set for you there but when I got the email I quickly cancelled the
uploads as my daytime bandwidth is costly but night time is free.
Glad you get to hear the tunes now. Great album eh?

1/29/2009 09:03:00 am  
Blogger willie_dixon said...

Holy Bejezzus! That cat can play. I'm downloading this for my brother, a damn good teenage guitar player, and telling him to get back to practice. Thanks!

1/29/2009 07:47:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home