Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Music @ 7pm

I don't like to get complaints.
I also don't like to pander to every twat that moans and whinges about the slightest thing either.
Of course I don't mean you.
Anyway, inane chatter aside :)
Here is something..

Ian Brown.
I was never one of those Stone Roses fans that could talk to you all day -and all night, especially with the amount of amphetamine and ecstasy they were taking- about how great and cool and er, yeah, whatever man. have some of this..uh-huh.
I didn't really know they existed when they were making it big. I don't remember where I was at the time either, just like them. Though my excuse is probably a lot more mundane than theirs. I was helping my mother make Jam; cleaning public toilets to support our family; spending days at a time camped outside the benefits offices to put in another claim for a 'crisis loan'. Something like that.
I heard a track of Ian Browns and it did weird things to me. Reminded me of my old ecstasy days too. So much so in fact that I have just tracked down an album of his to share with you.

Ian brown - Solarized. (2004)
Apparently some of his best solo work to date. Though the rollingstone review has a slightly diferent idea -namely, they think it's crap and pretentious.
Never!
Ian Brown? Pretentious?

He has a sound all of his own. Mixes a techno beat with some great platitudes of spaced-out trippy-hippy feelgood stuff. I never was a professional album reviewer so listen and let me know what you think.
Here it is (minus track 9 which, read the enclosed note, I WILL find and get to you ASAP).

LINKS:
======One file Only=======
[RS]
2340162
MYRdatabase_12-06-05.rar
======================
- Link for this post -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home