Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

My NEW PC!






Ok folks. (Is anyone reading this shit anymore..? quiet around here lately)
I know you are not as much of a nerd as myself but I am going to prove just how much of a sad nerd I am by posting images of my first ever home built PC, wether you like it or not!

I will refrain from going on about the specs but lets just say I have a
3.00Ghz Prescott Pentium 4 E (which is running at a cool 36C and not much over 49-51C on full pelt)
1Gb 3200 DDR Ram
LOTS of HDD space with my new 160Gb drive to go with the others I have..80Gb, 40Gb, 10Gb
Oh I dont do games except small arcade type ones so the videocard is an ATI Radeon 9550 which is surprisingly good!
I think that will do if I just mention the Pioneer 110 DVD and CD RW plus it takes Dual Layer DVDs too. Mmm.
Put that onto my 2Mbit Broadband and it is literally flying!!

Here are the pics...isn't it lovely?!

The front panel tells you the temperature of the videocard, CPU and Motherboard.







I have some great music to post very soon ok. I am still pretty disappointed with the lack of interaction around here. Does it really take that long to post a message of thanks or something? These new guys have upped some great stuff for you lot. Think about it. the more people postiing albums here, the more albums you can get here. Don't ruin it by making them feel no one appreciates they do. Just a thanks, that's all.
Anyway, my PC is better than your PC.

Didn't you think that reggae Bedouin soundclash are just great??!

================
Tags::::::

- Link for this post -

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

très psychedelic PC, indeed!!!! I work in IT for one of the top 3 hardware vendors and I only have a Pentium M 1.6Ghz, 512MB, 60GB, 14,1" laptop at the office. So, I believe that you are the envy of _many_ of us! Have fun!

11/05/2005 06:59:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really nice computer, congrats ;)

11/05/2005 07:53:00 pm  
Blogger Mark said...

God, it's been almost 3 years since I built my PC and now I see the time has come to build a new one. Very nice!

11/05/2005 09:58:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I rarely post comments because I never download any music that you post (I'm not really looking for anything anymore), but since it's another frantic week of sharing site closings, I wound up here and figured I'd whine about the franitc week of sharing site closings and offer it up for a topic of shared misery. I guess it's back to the newsgroups for now (as you never know what you might find that you didn't know that you wanted).

Oh yeah, nice job on the build. I've never done it myself, but a friend pieces together his own all the time - thankfully he puts mine together for me as well.

Viva le resistance.

11/05/2005 10:02:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on teh new toy looks cool

11/05/2005 10:56:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Thanks all.
Is it really another sad time of site closings this week?
I didnt know!!
Hmm.
Well I shall use the PCs transporter button to go into warp speed and locate some rare stuff....
(yawn)

Bowie and reposts. Phew. they will come. Time is plentiful!
Lots lined up and when I am ficnished being a PC repairman with my old PC to get it working for my pixie(read: woman), then I will have a bit more going on here. Mind you the others have been so busy and no one seemed too bothered!
I suppose everyones tastes are different.
We shall carry on.

11/06/2005 12:03:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mY PC is even Better, its an AMD64-4400 X2, 4 GB DDR Ram--Kingston, 4 x SATA2 (3.0 GB/s) drives or 250GB + 400GB + 250 GB + 250GB--Western Digital, 7800Geforce 256MB gfx card, 19" LCD, 16x Dual-Layer DVD Burner--NEC

11/06/2005 09:49:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

hehe. Damn you with your PC. I know, mine is only an entry-level super PC...especially in the area of graphics and storage but hey...its still a beast!

11/06/2005 01:27:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A damn fine looking PC - almost a work of art with the lit up internals!

11/06/2005 05:49:00 pm  
Blogger GarColga said...

Hey nice computer. Don't let the lack of comments get you down. I have a music blog and have had over 6,000 album downloads, with not even 50 comments! Had some great e-mails though. Your blog is kinda famous - don't get discouraged!

11/06/2005 11:20:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Cheers vor the comments. Yes, I know of your site. Maybe I should have a link trade with you?
I will email you soon ok!

11/08/2005 07:44:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just ran upon your site and I keep seeing that no one is responding to your uploads.Maybe you should upload more classic stuff ? :o) I'm not really that intrested in what I've seen so far, but I'm sure that some are.
I'm just an old musician from the 70's. Your site is intresting tho.
papa scrubb

12/17/2005 04:51:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home