Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Hundred Reasons - Kill Your Own [2006]


This album has been playing here for the last few days...pretty good at a pelting level of volume. At least enough to make you feel as if you are going to burst and eardrum or at the least shake it loose.
I saw these guys do a live TV show a while back and was immediately struck by the lead singers passion. His voice could be described as screeching to the uninitiated but there is a lot more to him than that. He gets almost possessed when singing and seems to have lost all control and sense of the world around him as he jerks and bandies around the stage with all the finesse of a retarded monkey trying to learn how to pogo.

That aside, he really knows how to put his heart and soul into music. The genre I suppose is thrash or indie or metal or even punk...there are far too many derivatives these days and I get lost within the maze of ever changing, ever growing genres. It's LOUD and it's NOISY and it's fucking brilliant.
Let's not forget that the band doesn't only have a singer in it. I think there's a couple of other unimportant losers hanging around in the background but let's face it, they're expendable right?! Glorified session musicians! The singer reels you in and spits you out like mince!!!

I just found out they are appearing at a surfing festival in June...at Newquay in Cornwall. Great! I have family there, used to live there. What possible reason could I find that would stop me being able to go?!!
Oh yeah...illness.
I must go! I WILL GO.
I'm GOING. See If I Don't!

I thought I'd test out that YouTube thing so that you can actually hear a song from the album on the page, right here. The thing is that YouTube provides a video embedding service(put videos on your webpage for free), not for music. So I made a little video of Godzilla and it has the song playing in it. The two things go together surprisingly well!
This one is my favourite song and shows you just how versatile the singer is...it's pretty mellow, a good melody and strumming guitar rock.
Have a listen!


Entitled 'The Chance'.

If the above movie won't work or play, click here to open and watch it in a new window.


LINKS:

part 1
================
part 2
================
================
Album is in 192K/bps at 44,000Hz

Been neglecting updates I know but you will thank me for it soon. Been busy setting up other parts of the site and also been uploading a lot today..
Enjoy!
Tags::::::
- Link for this post -

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hitmewithit-
This comment is in the wrong place, but I need to say thank you for the amazing and beautiful "Music of Islam" box set that you made avaliable a few months ago- it's truly wonderful, and I love listening to it. I would have never known about this music- what a project, and you presenting all 15 volumes too- very generous of you! THANK-YOU!
~ Eliza

4/15/2006 05:06:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome godzilla footage!
Goes quite well with the tune

4/15/2006 08:00:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

@ Anonymous #1...HJey thanks for the feedback! I am so glad to have been able to bring you that collection. I love it too.
Stick around as there are many more world music series I will be posting ok!

@Anonymous#2....hehe yes, I have decided to have a godzilla single feature from now on. Godzilla will be fighting and giving folk a preview of a single from each album! I think it goes really well. some of the explosions look like they were timed to go off when the drums hit!

4/15/2006 11:38:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home