Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Pink Floyd...Wish you were Here



Sorry this took me so long but life is as it is...
Before any of you music snobs give me some crap about posting this old and unoriginal album...piss off. Not everyone has spent years in darkness and clouds of swirling weed smoke until they know every note from every progressive album from 1967 onwards. (not everyone is like me then).
Sometimes it is nice to start people off on the journey to some great music. I still remember the night when I first heard Dark Side of the Moon. I remember where I was, what I was doing etc etc and most of all just how amazed I was that there were such things as an album like that and just how powerful the medium of music was. A moment of reckoning for me probably. Maybe I just hadn't gotten used to being a pot head by then.
I can't remember to be honest.
What was I talking about?
Oh yeah...
Hope you enjoy the music folks. I highly recommend this album and I doubt if any of you have never heard it but, just for those few that haven't ventured into the Pink Floyd genius yet, please download this one and have a listen to it as it really is a work of art from beginning to end.
I love it.

For the uninitiated among you, of which I really hope there are some reading, here is a clip of a great track that will forever stand the test of time. Unlike your latest bloody Kaiser chiefs or Keane album!
This one is a low quality track just so it loads faster in your browser, the download is high quality ;)



LINKS:

Single Rar Archive] Click or Click
================
Single Rar Alternative1] Click or Click
================
Single Rar Alternative2] Click or Click
================
================

Tags::::::

Labels: , ,

- Link for this post -

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

solid, thanks a lot man. I was listening to this album with my buddies the other day, and I've never really checked it out before, and I really wanted it...I was just looking for it, then I checked your blog and voila. Can't wait to give it a listen.

5/15/2007 11:51:00 am  
Blogger willie_dixon said...

pink floyd - animals is also an excellent overlooked (if thats possible) floyd album

5/16/2007 04:28:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hey Christian, brilliant mate. thanks for the feedback on this as I am so glad to be bringing this fine music to you. You have many great times ahead with Pink Floyd. I highly recommend Dark Side of The Moon to you next! Get to know their music...listen to it without distraction and really get to know it. It's amazing.

And yes, definitely Animals used to be one of my favourites. Especially when I was learning guitar and discovered how easy it was to play (and sing!) the whole album!!

5/17/2007 12:00:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From 101 Guitars, for the Dylan fans:
Bob Dylan and Tom Petty: True Confessions 1986 (Amazing Soundboard)
Westwood One Superstars In Concert Radio disc released to air: August 30, 1986
Manufacturer: Swingin' Pig
Catalog No. TSP-CD-107
This is as good a quality as live concerts get. As it was mastered directly from a Westwood One disc for broadcast, the quality is utter perfection. The band (Tom Petty's Heartbreakers) are polished to brilliance. Dylan's vocals are up front and right in your face. His delivery is flawless on every song. This show is truly a must-have.

The songs are edited from the two shows at the Entertainment Centre, Sydney, Australia; February 24-25, 1986 except *Tacoma, Washington USA; July 31, 1986

Tracks:
Positively Fourth Street
All Along The Watchtower*
Masters Of War
I'll Remember You
I Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know
Bye Bye Johnny [Petty]
Breakdown [Petty]
Just Like A Woman
Blowin' In The Wind
That Lucky Old Sun
So You Want To Be A R-n-R Star [Petty]
Spike [Petty]
Like A Rolling Stone
Knockin' On Heaven's Door

http://rapidshare.de/files/33596630/bdtptc.rar
Bob Dylan - Finjan Club (1962)
The date is July 2, 1962. The place is Finjan Club at Montreal, Quebec. The artist is a young man named Robert Zimmerman. He's about to conquer the US from his New York City base. He's just changed his name to Bob Dylan and released his debut album. Canada is the next to go. In his suitcase he brings some of his own songs as well as traditionals and compositions of other artists. This release captures the whole set including conversations in between the songs and false starts. The audience is so quiet and the quality of the recordings so impressive that this one really is a must have. The godfather of songwriting performs his art at the point of his beginning. And you can turn up the volume, close your eyes, lean back and imagine to sit on a shabby wooden chair in a little broughtdown club listening to the man who'd soon grow a legend and give the world some of the most excellent folk and rock songs that have ever been composed. A man who'd influence generations of musicians that in return would influence the world.


http://rapidshare.de/files/29261130/bdfc1.rar
http://rapidshare.de/files/29259238/bdfc2.rar
__________________
My rapidshare.de premium account expires in May. Files will be deleted within 45 days from their last download. No reposts...grab 'em while you can.

5/18/2007 08:28:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Wow thanks again mate...I'll put it on the main page after I reupload it then it will last longer too.
Nice one, cheers.

5/22/2007 10:26:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Damn!!! The first one says 'COMPLAINTS RECIEVED...DELETED!'
and the other two links just give me 'File Not Found' when I try them..
:(
I am sad.

5/22/2007 10:28:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

I have new links for the Finjan one already so I will be upping it myself and posting ASAP OK!

5/22/2007 11:35:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pass where man?

6/09/2007 02:34:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where this this password, creature??

6/09/2007 03:43:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

READ THE DAMN PAGE DUDE!
PASSWORD IS ALL OVER THE SITE!

6/09/2007 06:48:00 am  
Blogger Larry said...

Thanks for this. Brilliant.

6/10/2007 04:48:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for this one man my copy is scratched worn and genraly fucked up. Probably from trying to repeat play it again when I'm stoned.

6/29/2007 05:55:00 pm  
Anonymous Jia said...

Thanks! This song is indeed one of the very best songs of Pink Flyod. It is a very special band. :)

5/07/2010 07:26:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Jia: Yes I agree of course!!!
This track always brings me memories...so many too!!
I used to love sitting on the beach with friends, in the sun, playing and singing this song on my acoustic guitar.
It is an all time classic!
Glad you like and you found the site. I just checked your blog out too ;)
HitMeWithIt

5/07/2010 09:30:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice one, thanks man :) Something chilled to listen to whilst Im stuck in the office :)

7/15/2010 10:36:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home