Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

DYLAN ON DYLAN, Westwood One Radio Station Discs, November 17, 1984



Well I am back again.
Too fast for you probably. (I am supposed to make only one post a week right?)
If you are a Bob Dylan fan (and I might guess that this is quite a likely possibility) and, if you have never heard this interview with the man himself then I would only say to you: Here is your chance.
I was amazed when I got this for the first time and I still listen to it now and then because its great!

I'm to ill to go into it in detail so let me just give you a snippet right off the tape.
Oh - some scant details for you then first:
Dylan on Dylan
Westwood One Radio Show, USA
Aired: 17 November 1984
Interview by Bert Kleinman - Ritz-Carlton Hotel, New York, N.Y., July 30, 1984
Also present was old time friend Artie Mogull who in 1962 signed Dylan up with Witmark & Sons.

Info 'stolen' from This page.

by the way, the discs are interspersed with tracks too so it's a fine set to own. Came from a 5 LP set originally. Click the covers above & below to read the details on them. Full size covers are included in the rar files.


...........................................

Dylan: I don't know if I've ever been happy if we're talking straight. I don't know ... I mean ... happy? I don't consider myself happy and I don't consider myself unhappy, I've just never thought of life in terms of happiness and unhappiness. It just never occurred to me.

B.K.: Do you think of it in terms of growth?

Dylan: No! I never think in terms of growth, I tell you what I do think though, that you never stop anywhere, there's no place to stop in. You know them places at the side of the road that you can stop, they're just an illusion.

B.K.: The road goes on ...

Dylan: Yeah, you've got to get back on the road. And you may want to stop but you can't stay there.

B.K.: When you talk about getting back on the road, isn't that in a sense growth ... or at least it's movement. From point A to point B.

Dylan: Yeah, that's growth. But what's growth? I mean everything grows, that's just the way life is, life just grows. You know, it grows and it dies, it lives and it dies. Whenever you get to a plateau, that's not it, you got to go on to the next one. You can't stay nowhere, there's no place to stay, there's no place that will keep you.

B.K.: Because of boredom or because that's the way it is?

Dylan: No, because that's just the nature of things ...

B.K.: So you see yourself just moving onward?

Dylan: I see everybody like that, I see the whole world that way. That which doesn't do that is stuff that's ... that's just dead.

B.K.: Ha ... what's that line? Those that are not busy being born are ...

Dylan: ... busy dying? What a line!

.........................................

I only uploaded it once for now but if there's a few downloads or interest in other links I will post it elsewhere, no problem. Just let me know ok.



LINKS:
Remember - Files are in Rar archives~ Info Here, Winrar Software Here

2 Discs, each split into two rar archives.
Totals:
Duration - 147:23
Size - 270.8 MB
DISC ONE
Split Rar Archive] Part 1 or Here, Part 2 or Here.
================
DISC TWO
================
Split Rar Archive] Part 1 or Here, Part 2 or Here.
================
================

Enjoy!

Tags::::::

Labels:

- Link for this post -

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice!

4/09/2008 12:33:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muchas Gracias SeƱor HitMe!
As always.
Saludos from the Lowlands of Holland!

4/13/2008 01:57:00 pm  
Blogger deadmanstar said...

Thanks man!

4/24/2008 08:01:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

More rare Dylan arriving soon. when I get it I post it. Cheers..

5/09/2008 04:52:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this! From one Dylan fan to another, your site is greatly appreciated. Keep 'em comin' when you can and take care.

6/04/2008 02:09:00 am  
Blogger Shelfy said...

I have been having trouble with Part1 Disc 2. I can't get the password right and I am paying attention to the upper and lower case of MP3@3pm. any suggestions?

6/06/2008 12:00:00 am  
Blogger Shelfy said...

sorry i meant having trouble with Disc 1 part 2. oops!

6/06/2008 12:01:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hello mitchell. I am not sure how familiar with Rar files you are but here is a very important thing to remember:
You MUST first download ALL the parts of a split rar file set BEFORE opening any of them.
This is because the files are created in one process and they must also be 'un-created' or extracted in one process also.
so I suspect you have been opening part 1 and then when you got part 2 it failed because it needs you to have part 1 in the same folder as part 2.
When you have all of the files in the same folder..then you must open the LOWEST numbered file only. so in this case, open part1. then press the Extract button. Select to extract all the files to wherever you want. then you are done.
this will extract the complete set of files from part1 and part2 and if there were 50 parts, it would extract everything from the 50 rar files this way. Usually if you have tried to open a later numbered file instead of the lowest number in a set, Winrar will complain of an error and, 9 times out of 10, when Winrar has a problem and the file is a password protected file, winrar blames this and tells you 'wrong password?'
You have not got the wrong password as I checked the files and they are fine. As long as you are copying and pasting or writing it the same as you did, then you have the right password.
MP3@3pm
Good luck!

6/06/2008 04:33:00 am  
Blogger Shelfy said...

that is exactly what I did. Thanks alot for the help. This would probably explain why the first part also seemed short. Thanks again.

6/06/2008 02:57:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Glad it worked out easily! It rarely is so simple!

6/06/2008 03:57:00 pm  
Blogger Peta said...

I have been searching and searching for a version of this on the internet. I'm putting together profiles about some of Dylan's songs for a radio station in Australia.

Are these links still active, do you know? I'm having trouble downloading any of them.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

5/09/2011 04:40:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home