Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Spoon - A Series Of Sneaks

Hosted by Putfile.com


Spoon.
I can honestly say that, (at least since I started doing this site) this is the only band that as soon as I heard the opening track -my ears pricked up: I was affected instantly. The music, the voice. The guitars.
Do you like electric guitar music?
Do you like that sound of many guitars harmonising and (sometimes) screeching from your stereo to your ears to the back of your brain?!
They are skilled at writing catchy guitar riffs which then become catchy songs and they just love to use the old repetitive, layered, build-up method of engraving that song on your mind forever. Like the track 'June's Foreign Spell' which starts off with a thumping drumbeat, layered guitars and cymbals and then you are off when the vocals come in, unstoppable. It ends with the same drumbeat and cymbal that by that time, starts to feel almost climactic. You don't want the song to end. Brilliant.
I may have lived in a bubble for too long but I am quite amazed these lot haven't gone mainstream.The Lead Singer, Britt Daniel sings in a way that is right from the heart. The songs on this album just get better and better and it is one of those that, when it reaches the last track you just have to put it on repeat. This is their second Album (1998). I never heard the first(Telephono [1996]) and will be looking to upload it when I get it so watch this space. For now, have a listen to this one and look forward to hearing the one they released after that which I will provide tomorrow.
I wonder what I did before I discovered Spoon.

LINKS:

======part 1======
[RS]
2677773
sneaks.part1.rar
================

======part 2======
[RS]
2678421
sneaks.part2.rar
================

======part 3======
[RS]
2678562
sneaks.part3.rar
================
================

I hope you like Spoon as much as I do. Another album of theirs tomorrow.
- Link for this post -

3 Comments:

Blogger hitmewithit said...

Yeah I do agree with you there asOI heard their latest one first and it's my favourite. Ive now got the others, except their first, but I still prefer the most recent.
Great album indeed from a great band.
:)

6/29/2005 07:50:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever considered using something other than rar files? I only ask because for the past few months, every single .rar file I've downloaded from [RS] has been corrupted (unexpected end of file), and that sucks :(

6/30/2005 04:40:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Sorry but RAR is THE best way to go. That is why it is used so much!
I can only think it is a problem with your connection or setup as it is uncommon to get that error with the majority of files you download. If you use a modem then consider getting the GAIN increased by you TEL company. If not then I don't know what to suggest other than redownloading which I know is a real pain.
:(

6/30/2005 05:33:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home