Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

David Bowie - Preludes Of Greatness [1969] [Boot]

Hmm food for thought


Here we have a bit of a rare bootleg. Yes I know - More Bowie. Well if you don't like it..why?
He is, after all one of the greatest contributors to the world of popular music that ever there was so it's about time you did like it.
The thing about this bootleg is that I can't find a damn thing about it online!
Apart from at the site I downloaded the torrent from. Which gives some basic information like...
It was recorded in 1969 and was recorded at Clairville Grove, Chelsea. UK I presume. That however, is it. Nothing else to tell you.

So what does it sound like..?
Well the quality is a bit amatuer but it adds to that feeling that you are listening in to something wonderful. Something from the past. You can't miss this one.
He introduces the first track 'Space Oddity' by saying this is a bad tape recorder and microphone but we're going to play some songs we are doing at the moment, some say they are single material but we'll let you decide'. We all know what Space Odditiy became soon afterwards..
It's a nice touch that he introduces each track, giving you a short summary of how the song came about or what it's about.
It's a nice collection and starting from that first track you are kind of hypnotised by the fact that the playing is so tight but also there's that feeling I mentioned, that you are getting to hear the great Bowie, before he was great. He plays acoustic guitar and his voice sounds excellent though pretty different to that familiar mature tone he has today.

Lovely.
I won't tell you why you should download it. I would have though it pretty obvious.

The files were originally FLAC files but as we are an MP3 site, I encoded at a rate of 192-320Kbps Variable Bitrate. The sound is pretty much as it was before re-encoding.

Remember, this came from an old cassette and has already undergone some speed correction but there are moments when you can hear the speed is fluctuating but hey, this a fucking piece of history here so it's no competition for exact-ness.

Yum
The Building block of civilisation. Apparently...


======part 1======
[RS]
3418765
ludes.part1.rar
================

======part 2======
[RS]
3419087
ludes.part2.rar
================

Enjoy it. Listen out for the BEST version of JANINE I have heard yet!

The neighbours around here are doing my fucking head in. I sense a rant coming on soon... thick bastards. Wy don't they move? Mind you, whoever took their place would be just as bad I bet. Noisy illiterate twats that are only qualified to shit, eat and watch TV(usually all done from the comfort of their sofa) and even then they are underqualified.
- Link for this post -

6 Comments:

Blogger Polly Pissy Pants said...

Thanks for these:)
My friend is a really big Bowie fan. If I ever get my disk drive fixed I might burn him a copy.

7/28/2005 09:45:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Lots more Bowie to come in a week or so. You might do well to send your mate here, save you the trouble.
Cheers

7/29/2005 01:26:00 pm  
Blogger Polly Pissy Pants said...

He doesn't have a computer. Or internet access. I suppose it makes sense to have no internet if you don't have a computer.
He's shit like that.

7/31/2005 02:47:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

hehe yes

7/31/2005 04:25:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as a Bowie Mark I have to tell you, you make me warm about....thanks

8/11/2005 10:39:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

If you really want to hear this fine album then you might want to go to the repost of it.
Where is that then I hear you ask...Hmm I shall give you a clue. I am posting it today, that is 28th October, 2008. Go find it in the archives or something....work hard for it for a change damn you!
HitMeWithIt

10/28/2008 01:15:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home