Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

David Bowie - Suffragette City [boot][1976]



The Man!


Never been one to understand the sheer nerdyness of collecting bootlegs. Most of them sound so shit, like as if the idiot recording it had the fucking microphone in his pocket, or he stood next to the loudest person in the audience and handed them the mic. Either way I've heard some pure shit quality stuff that, when challenged, a boot collecter will defend to the death. They remind me of trainspotters.
Logic goes out the window.

Then I discovered that some bootlegs are good. Better than commercially available stuff. For one thing they are FREE(hooray). The next thing is that they can be produced to a very high standard and the quality can be superb. Like on the absolutely Rare Bowie album earlier, although admittedly it did contain some studio tracks.
The album I have for you today is certainly one of a kind. In the world of Bootlegs and Bowie freaks this is the holy grail.
The ONE and no shit. I have read a few things about this live set and there seems to be no true copies of it left. Some folk have a few tracks of it here and someone else has some there, etc etc.
Well the great guys over at *CENSORED* are so into their Bowie boots that they got together and collated all of the tracks they had, even adding some tracks to make up the complete Live set (in the 'bonus' Folder), sorted out the levels and the result is a damn good CD that we have here today. The bonus track kind of cuts out at the end but its worth having just to hear it.
This was, as most boots are, originally in FLAC format but hey, this is MP3-3PM and I don't give a flac about flac I'm afraid.
If you want to be snobbish about lossy and lossless formats then go buy a CD.

The singing on this is great - I mean Bowies not-as-mature-as-it-is-nowadays-voice. Sound quality is a little tinny at times, use some equalizer on it and it's fine.
I have to say though..
..Bowie sings 'Changes' with quite a flair and he basically CRUCIFIES the fucking song! What is he doing!! If you listen hard you can tell that, perhaps, he is pretty wasted and as such, seems to think it is sounding great - the way his voice tries all kinds of tones and harmonies in the song and he doesn't follow the usual melody - this is something a lot of musicians do but especially when wasted.. Believe me, I know these things.

I can't get angry though.
I can't slag this off.
No way.

If you are a Bowie fan then I've said it before:
You NEED this album!

Musical Meerkats are cool.
The Live show was recorded at:
Nassau Coliseum, USA March 23rd 1976.
and is known as a 'liberated bootleg' which has been released on CD but is impossibly hard to get.
Trying to find it? here are the details:
Suffragette City, Great Dane Records GDR CD 9023
Good luck!


LINKS:
NEW LINKS AS OF FEB' 2006!!

======part 1======
suffragette.part1
================

======part 2======
suffragette.part2
================

======part 3======
suffragette.part3
================

======part 4======
suffragette.part4
================

I do like to post good music. I also like to hear any music at all which is why you will see some real trash here now and then. I think that if a band is known to be shit then I want to hear their album and decide for myself.
Usually it seems the popular opinion is indeed correct but you never know.

I will continue on my quest to separate the wheat from the chaff.

- Link for this post -

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, this is excellent. Thanks so very very much

7/24/2005 11:03:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, this is one great show...

7/25/2005 07:47:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having trouble with the QFiles for Suffragette City........ have they gone down... or is it me?
would really love this album... if its gone down any chance of a repost please?

Thankee

7/29/2005 10:48:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Dont seem like its gone down mate. Try again then email me when you're sure you can't get them I will then make sure you can ok?

7/30/2005 11:27:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

found the problem.. was with my firewall for some reason resetting... files coming through great now... cheers!

7/31/2005 03:22:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the nail!! Great music, great recording!! And this was from '76 - I thought my memory was colouring the good old days? Big thanks.

2/15/2006 11:43:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello and thank you.
I have this on vinyl on several different pressings -- titles, covers, coloured vinyl, and/or track order. I guess I'm one of those, rather I used to be one of those hard-core, nerdy bootleg collectors. However, that was another lifetime.
I haven't listened to it yet, but I just wanted to thank you for uploading it.
Thanks again,
noone

7/23/2006 09:45:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

=( The Links Are Dead ... Hoot Hoot !!!

12/02/2007 01:31:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please post again! Please!!

12/17/2008 04:37:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home