Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Monday, July 04, 2005

I Am Kloot - Gods and Monsters

Hosted by Putfile.com



I Am Kloot.
Firstly, I wonder what the hell that name means? Anyone able to tell me?
Hmm...
This band have that unmistakable raw Manchester sound. I don't mean like Happy Mondays or the usual 'Madchester' groups, It is more of an Oasis likeness that they have. The accent of the lead singer and the way he uses his voice, not the actual tunes! Also it sounds like they really sing from the heart, something I think is pretty rare recently with the influx of copycat 80's sounding crap that is becoming ever popular.
The second (and title) track is great. Gods and Monsters: Reminiscent of a late sixties feel, some complex chords, keyboard that sounds almost like Hammond organ stuff (al-a-Stranglers), layered over a hypnotic drumbeat and a heavy underlying bass. They give you the impression that they have something unique, albeit a derivative mix of influences that you can (probably) pick out from each track. Listening to the track 'Stars Look Familiar' I couldn't help thinking of some early Beatles stuff. Then cut to 'Astray' and you could be forgiven for thinking you are listening to a rendition of a Dylan track! A soft, gentle acoustic tune with some beautifully arranged chords underneath some simple lyrics. Have a listen and I'm sure you'll agree. My favourite track has to be 'Sand and Glue', Lennon meets The stranglers meets, well, I am Kloot I suppose. You need to hear this one. Unfortunately (for me) the album seems to get weaker towards the end but you have to admit what a treat most of this album is.
I Am Kloot are a guitar band with some excellent songs.
This has to be a band to be watched in the coming years surely. If not then the fucking 'public'(yuk) don't know their arse from their elbow.
Mind you, they just want crazy frog with Axel-F so what hope is there for mankind?
Fuckin' arseholes.


LINKS:
======part 1======
[RS]
2793536
kl00t.part1.rar
================

======part 2======
[RS]
2794066
kl00t.part2.rar
================

======part 3======
[RS]
2794248
kl00t.part3.rar
================

I noticed that although it is being talked about all over the place, their is still a difficulty for people trying to get a hold of the Pink Floyd Live 8 set.
To attempt to help with this I am currently downloading a 620Mb avi version. I will then upload it and post the links here, either today or tomorrow.
It will be quite a task uploading it to [RS] with a 28k upload line but it will be done.
Shit. Thunderstorm outside my window. Torrential rain, lightning. Hmm fried PC anyone?
- Link for this post -

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice post although the self titled album is better.
You should get your hands on that!

7/04/2005 04:02:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Thanks, I'll have a look around for it.

7/04/2005 04:35:00 pm  
Blogger Amie said...

i didn't even know this album was out yet!
awesome!

7/04/2005 06:42:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Cheers David. Can you email me mate, I seem to have somewhow lost your address..

7/05/2005 01:58:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, i've got to agree with Dave, the first album is amazing, I was kind of disappointed with this one.

They're great live too. When I first saw them at the Leeds festival it was in a little acoustic tent and everyone in the audience were shouting

"I am Kloot!"
"No, *I* am Kloot!"
"No, IIII am Kloot!"

well, you get the message. Not that that really sheds any light on the name...

p.s. the FLC review is hilarious!

7/07/2005 07:37:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kloot in dutch means testicle but in an unpolished way kinda mean

7/14/2005 10:26:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Heh. 'I am a testicle!'

7/15/2005 11:56:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home