Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Monday, August 08, 2005

BOWIE BBC 1991.08.13-Mark Goodier's Evening Session

The Snake Goddess
The Snake Goddess *click*

I have to admit that I don't care much for this one. He was playing under the banner of 'Tin Machine' at this point in his very changeable career and this is not what I'd call a highpoint. I actually find a lot of Bowies 80's and early 90's stuff to be bad. Some of it I cannot stand to listen to and I find it hard to believe it is the same guy that I usually love listening to so much!
In fact, in the interests of research I just listened to this one again and it's fucking bollocks to me. For the most part: pretty basic droning blues. A noise. Dire.
Don't let me put you off, have a listen.

LINKS:


======part 1======
[RS]
3774107
bbc1991evening_sessionmg.part1.rar
================

======part 2======
[RS]
3774696
bbc1991evening_sessionmg.part2.rar
================

Ok, ok there is some alright electric guitar on there but apart from that...crap.
Well...is crap too harsh? I think I just expect a lot more from Bowie and although this isn't exactly unpleasant, it isn't spectacular and it isn't Bowie so it doesn't really fit witrh the rest. I don't like it anyway.
- Link for this post -

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You being a Bowie fan (Duh!), what is your favourite album by the multi coloured eye one.

8/08/2005 04:15:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, that is one weird statue snake thing.

8/08/2005 04:17:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hmm that's quite a question.
The first to spring to mind is Hunky dory..but then..ahaa wait! Aladdin Sane suddenly fills my mind.
Yes, i think I'll go with that.
Aladdin Sane is the one, closely followed by Hunky Dory.
Then Changes!

8/08/2005 04:21:00 pm  
Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

yeah, I too thought the Tim Machine phase was a bit, err, unpleasant.

8/08/2005 07:59:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Yes. There are a few times when Bowie has taken his love of experimentation too far I'd say and Tin Machine fits into that category!

8/09/2005 09:53:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

NEW LINKS WORKING!
Posted Jan 13th 2010.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2JC8V5D5
OR
http://rapidshare.com/files/334676875/1991Goodier.rar

Enjoy.
:-)

1/13/2010 03:00:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home