Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Loving Cup - The Loving Cup [2003]


Right, I'm not going to explain myself regarding the lack of updates..if you are a regular here you will remember the magic word is: Ill.
I have a fucking treat for you today. Anyone who disagrees can go and bury their head in a bucket of shit until they do agree!
The Loving Cup.
This band means a lot to me as when I first met my womanfriend(that is her name on this site!), we went out to a local bar and saw this band playing and were both astounded at their abilities. Plus we went home singing their songs!
The lead singer has got one of the strongest voices and his way of bringing the song directly to your emotions is pure brilliance. The band is definitely verging on, if not totally in, country music - which I have always hated!. The difference with The Loving Cup is that they bring their raw, pure and genre free music to you and let you make your own mind up about what box to pigeon-hole it into. They don't care about genre, they just care about music and it shows. The songs vary from love songs with great words to genuinely uplifting tracks singing about travelling and some US-centric ideas.
They certainly have influences from the USA country and Blues scene but if you listen hard you can hear all styles in there from Rock to Prog rock to even possibly britpop!

Anyway we watched them live. We fell in love. We are still together 4 years later and plan to wed within a year.
The Loving Cup will always be that special band that played when we met.
So you think I am biased?
Listen to this album. then when its reached the end, LISTEN TO IT AGAIN because you may think..that sounds like country music, it sucks. If you let that stop you from really listening to this piece of genius then you are more of a fool than you appear to be(!)
I would love to get some comments on this please. Come on you lazy twats....only about 4 of the 1000+ hits here daily can be bothered to comment on the stuff I give you. You can do better!

This is the first album I've posted that has actually brought about a pang of guilt for the band. Why should I be giving it away when they haven't quite made it in the music scene?
Well, I bought the CD and I strongly urge you to do the same so here is the amazon link for you to buy it.
Check out their website here
They are incredible live.
I have to say that the CD is not quite able to convey the atmosphere of this band when they are playing live! I have a recorded live session from the radio last year somewhere on my PC. I will upload it soon then you will see what I mean when you hear it.
Don't forget! I want to hear opinions on these guys!!
LINKS:

======part 1======
up.part1.rar
================

======part 2======
up.part2.rar
================
================
That's it for now!
Some pretty cool tunes to post later today...ambient psych trance or some shit.
Tags::::::
- Link for this post -

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They suck Ass. Just like Poco. They couldn't hack it in the Rock world so they went Alt Country. It's a cop out. Look at Crosby, still Nach & Young, they used the same variations and stayed true to ROCK! Jerry had Riders as a side project and kept the Dead TO ROCK! Think about it. I know your Better half is gonna give you your penis & balls back, so you can puff yerself up and defend her honor, but admit it dude, they suck ASS!

9/29/2005 03:13:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hmm as much as I like feedback, I would prefer it from people who have some ability in reading and writing. 'They suck ass' isn't the best review but also you are simply fucking WRONG. Idiot. They didn't 'Go alt-country' they always were that sound. That is the sound they do.
knoblet.
Please...anyone with a fucking brain cell around here to balance things even a little?

9/29/2005 08:52:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're Pussies. Just like you.

10/01/2005 08:23:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Define pussy you cretinous blert.

10/01/2005 10:17:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, as a big Crosby Stills & Nash (& Young) fan I have to say, contrary to what I should think according to the anonymous poster,I like this band.

Thanks hitmewithit, first I am kloot now this, 2 new bands introduced to me from your site :)

10/02/2005 01:50:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hooraaah. Someone backs me up and says they are good. hehe.
I have always thought it and really wanted to put the album out there for people who might never have heard it otherwise. I recommend you buy it of course!

10/02/2005 12:48:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice share.

I am not a country music fan but do appreciate good music.
They remind me a wee bit of a "raw" Blue Rodeo.

Thanks again,
peace out,
DAK

10/02/2005 04:15:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10/03/2005 04:56:00 pm  
Blogger Hazy Dave said...

A slam by some retard who hates Poco counts as a recommendation in my book! I'll give it a listen as soon as rapidshare chooses to cooperate... Meanwhile, I'll try to limit my expectations, since comparisons of unknown artists to the immortals (Buffalo Springfield, Flying Burrito Bros, etc.) - not that you did that - has disappointed more often than not.

10/05/2005 06:53:00 pm  
Blogger Hazy Dave said...

Having listened to this a bit through crap computer speakers, I'd say it sounds all right. I haven't quite figured out an apt comparison yet; the slide guitar does sound a little "early 70's" to me, but not necessarily in a "country rock" style. (Lest we forget, or in case you didn't know, everyone was required to make a nod to country rock in the early 70's.) Eventually, the steel guitar (and was there some mandolin and banjo, too?) strengthen the country connection, but the guy's voice sounds a little more like 90's mainstream or alt-country to me. The material hasn't had a chance to grow on me yet, but I'll come back to it. So, thanks for the recommendation, and the post, and the site in general...

10/07/2005 07:51:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home