Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Warren Zevon - Life'll Kill Ya [2000]

http://www.keepmyfile.com

I hadn't heard of Warren zevon before late 2000. I was in hospital having an operation on the intestines...yes, that is something to do with shitting, and the guy in the next bed - who was such a mad laugh!- told me to turn the bedside TV on. There was Warren Zevon on Jool Hollands music show singing a song called 'My Shits Fucked Up'. It was so appropriate to our situations that we laughed so hard we nearly ended up back in surgery!
We both swore we'd get the guys album and sure enough, when I got home, I ordered it right way.
The rest of the album was a pleasant surprise. His sound is pretty unique although sometimes you find yourself thinking he isn't actually that good yet other times you are almost moved to tears by his lyrics and the voice that comes from some place inside that he only shows through his music.
This guy died last year from a rare form of cancer..not a pretty ending for anyone. What makes this story, in my mind, a happy one, is that he strived to make an album before he died when he found out he didn't have long. He even got a few stars on it too. It is called 'The Wind' and some of the tracks on there really did move me to tears, especially when you get to hear the song he wrote specifically for the love of his life, telling her to think of him when he's gone. It does kind of break your heart. I don't know of anyone who has written songs with the playing of them back when they are dead, in mind? It is a great shame he died, still relatively unknown on this side of the pond at least.
Here is the Life'll Kill Ya album which is uplifting, good old american style rock/blues.
Some of these tracks are just pure emotion..
'Hostage-O' is a love song(or is it?) like no other:
'You can train me, you can drain me
If you make me lose control..
I will be your prisoner
I will be your hostage-o'

Then:
'All you have to do is ask,
I'll be happy to say yes;
I'll put on the creepy mask;
If you'll grant me some forgetfulness.
You can strain me, you can maim me
You can chain me to the floor..
I will be your prisoner
I will be your hostage-o
I will be your prisoner
I will be your hostage-o'

Moving lyrics don't you agree?
Great stuff.

RE-UPLOADS...READ!
I am struggling with the heavy load of the re-upload requests so here's the deal:
I will not post anything new for a few days. The next three or four days uploads will be albums already featured. I must stress that albums will only be featured TWICE. Miss them the second time around then you are an ass and your only option is to go and fucking buy them. Just don't email me complaining!
The reason I aint been doing them yet is that I want to give you all some good music but as some complete pricks are now resorting to insulting me as I am 'taking too fucking long' (as one email went!) I have decided to finally start re-uploading. Oh and NO, I will NOT be doing the uploads for ALL of the people who decided to insult me, thinking in their fucking warped minds that I would somehow be eager to please them if they called me a liar etc. Fucking spoilt brats I cannot stand. Shoot them all.

LINKS:


======part 1======
[RS]
5385251
notes_from_nowhere.part1.rar
================

======part 2======
[RS]
5385577
notes_from_nowhere.part2.rar
================
================
No direct links right now: Too much fucking UPLOADING to do. Damn why did I ever offer.....
Tags::::::
- Link for this post -

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe anyone would complain about someone who gives them free music! Fucking losers!!! Ignore them. Thanks for the tunes.

9/24/2005 05:26:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will second that.

9/24/2005 08:21:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Thank you my friends. Hey Penny I will be uploading that Wim? Wem? Martens album very soon ok. Still got a few re-ups to do first!
Been away all day today so might be nothing upped today :(
Sorry folks!
Cheers.

9/24/2005 08:42:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you! screw em, do what ya do in your own time mate!

9/27/2005 03:04:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home