Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Son House - The Original Delta Blues ||| Kasabian - Kasabian

Ok today we have some music. I went to the Dr and had my anti-psychotic injections and I feel fine now.

Son House. Wish I could have played the old guitar with this guy.


I don't know how many of you watched a programme on BBC -I think it was a couple of nights ago- about 'The Blues'. It was a 2 hour dip into the history of the real old Delta blues, the main figures and the people that virtually invented the blues sound. The presenter travelled all over the US, met some real characters along the way..at one point he was sitting outside a small shack in mississippi with an old guy who was the last known pipe player, he played a hollowed bamboo or reed pipe in the blues style, something amazing to hear and something I have never seen or heard before. It was stunning.
He also went to Africa as his journey through the history of the blues traced it back to Mali, where the whites took blacks as slaves and their music went with them. The mixture of music and culture was all thrown together; The blacks were denied of their culture; All were given new names and not able to continue in the ways they knew but they kept the rhythm inside and through following the same journey as the presenter on this programme, you realise that that same rhythm is what gives us that Blues sound that penetrates almost every musical style today.
If I can find the show anywhere online I will be posting it here for sure. It is compulsory viewing for any music lover.
The show introduced me to so many Delta Bluesmen that when it ended I went online(for a change) and searched out this gem of an album.
Son House (Eddie James "Son" House, Jr.)was one of the originals, playing from around 1926 in Mississippi, he had his own guitar strrumming style (great slide too) which you will hear on this album and a soulful, melancholy pure blues voice. He lived the blues he didn't just sing it. He believed that to be able to sing it you had to have experienced the blues side of life, experienced the things you sing about. Most of his songs tell of broken love...nothing changes. The remarkable part of his story is that, in 1942, he moved with a woman to New York and stopped his music, working for New York Central Railroad.
He was no more travelling and playing. He said he felt like he should stop: Some of the others he had grown up around had died for various reasons or another and he said he thought he might be next, so he stopped playing. (Bearing in mind that he came from a preaching family and was supposed to be destined to become a preacher himself, you can understand this way of thinking as to be playing the blues was to be playing 'the devils music' according to his familys ways and the thinking in those parts at that time). Anyway, during the Blues revival times of the 1960's researchers tracked him down and in 1964 they had convinced him to play again. If it wasn't for this he might never have played or been known of again. On the TV programme he was being interviewed and you could feel the pure joy in his heart at the fact he was playing and singing again. He released some of his best stuff after that! What a story.

This album is a compilation which I suppose is good as an introduction to Son House as it has the most talked of tracks on there. I love the 'Preachin' Blues' track. This guy rocks.

LINKS:

======part 1======
[RS]
5790891
Son_House.part1.rar
================

======part 2======
[RS]
5791756
Son_House.part2.rar
================

======part 3======
[RS]
5791973
Son_House.part3.rar
================
================
Password: www.mp33pm.tk

Todays MP3s By:Kasabian
Album: Kasabian
I'm sure I posted this a while ago but incase I didn't or the links died or whatever...here it is on fast direct http download...just for you.
I won't be slagging them off. Nope. I actually like these unoriginal Scottish-yet-with-Manchester-Accents(!?) 90's manchester sound rip-off artists. I liked the original bands first time around so it sounds kind of familiar. Heh.

Dare I even consider the prospect of you leaving a comment..Hmm best not to.
My psycho Dr told me to avoid the word comment. Shit.. too late!

01 Club Foot.mp3
02 Processed Beats.mp3
03 Reason is Treason.mp3
04 I.D..mp3
05 Orange.mp3
06 Lost Souls Forever.mp3
07 Running Battle.mp3
08 Test Transmission.mp3
09 Pinch Roller.mp3
10 Cutt Off.mp3
11 Butcher Blues.mp3
12 Ovary Stripe.mp3
13 U Boat.mp3
Tags::::::
- Link for this post -

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

scottish?

they're from leicester aren't they?

10/02/2005 07:00:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

OOps. Well you can't be perfect all the time...

10/02/2005 07:53:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

re: Son House...amazing music.
Thanks for the share.

peace out,
DAK

10/02/2005 08:05:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am wondering who, in your opinion, Kasabian is derivative of - and please don't say the Mondays.

On PBS the other night I watched a program called John Lennon's Jukebox. The show was basically reviewing the music that influenced Lennon and the Beatles, sometimes riff for fucking riff. I just bring this up to point out that this is just Kasabian's first album. Took the Beatles a few albums to really come into their own as songwriters, so I am always cautious about calling music derivative.

10/02/2005 08:57:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

True regarding Kasabian. The album is pretty good although it's a shame that the best song from it - Club Foot got overused so much by the media.
A month ago when I visited the cinema there were two adverts for football movies - Goal! and that football hooligan one with Elijah Wood. Both had the exact same bit from it and they were about 1 minute apart. Being overplayed kills songs like that.

10/02/2005 09:05:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Don't get me wrong here, I am no way just throwing Kasabian out of my future playlist. No way. I know it's their first album and that means quite a few things, least of which is that it is so difficult for any band to find their niche if you like, relax into their own sound is what I mean.
I find them derivitave of many but most obviously they sound like the manchester sound of Stone Roses/ Happy Mondays and the very long list that it could become if I had the time but you know the bands and the scene I'm talking about right?
I know one thing: Kasabian are good at what they do. They just have absolutely nothing original to offer my ears.
For now.
I eagerly await the follow up album. Maybe that one won't be too hot but the third is the one to watch out for.

I agree with this disgusting thing we have to put up with: Music on TV advertising campaigns.
A typical scenario goes like this:
You like a song. Great. You hear it on TV. Brilliant! It's on an advert. Shit.

One day later....

You fucking HATE that song.!
AAARRGGHH! there it goes again!!!! Shut the TV off!
Damn when will they stop playing that irritating song damnit!
Kill the TV.

10/02/2005 11:02:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of Kasabian's harmonies definitely remind me of Stone Roses. I can see that. Most Americans and American radio stations don't know shit about the music lineage you are talking about, and most of the music being made over here sounds little like Kasabian. The context is different over here...

10/03/2005 04:28:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the music posts.

I download all this stuff [latent librarian tendencies], but haven't gotten a chance to listen to much of it. So, I have no comments on the music itself.

Maybe I can make up for it by polishing up my Mac OS X link-reconstructor for public consumption.

10/03/2005 05:01:00 pm  
Blogger theGoose said...

Thanks again for the tunes, if you want to exchange links let me know

the.goosie AT gmail.com

Keeping it free :)

10/03/2005 08:38:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ask for comments.... you get comments. Thanks mate for posting some ace music tunes.

Not all Americans are as fuck all as we seem. ...And not all Americans are clueless about the lineage of music. ...And yes, sometimes those of us in the know want to pack up and leave too....

10/03/2005 09:26:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

re:Amelie - French Music

This is freaking great. I can't believe that I actually like the sound of the accordion !!!

Thanks ...

10/04/2005 05:05:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Son House, that's Great Stuff!
If you want to listen to more old blues, you can check here :
http://www.archive.org/audio/audiolisting-browse.php?collection=opensource_audio&cat=187

About 80 tracks of blues from the 20's, 30's and 40's, all of them really interesting. As a whole it makes a fantastic compilation.

10/05/2005 10:33:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Funny you should post that link. After I watched that blues TV programme and went searching online for Son House. I ended up at the very site you give here. I downloaded all of the tracks in the Delta Blues section. (just type delta blues' in the archive.org searchbox to find them). There is a good selection of artists from days gone by on there. Recommended.

10/06/2005 04:48:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home