Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

[1993] Altan - Island Angel [Best Celtic Fiddle you'll EVER hear!]


Don't believe your suspicions that this site is rapidly going downhill with hardly any updates; poor album uploads; shite patter and even less reason to visit as each day passes.
So wrong.
My health recently took a nosedive and so...life is such.
Anyway I trust you are not that fickle or shallow and like me, will stick with it until the storm passes. As the storm may not pass as quickly as I would like there are some new people entering our small world. New blood. New uploads! Maybe even albums that you will appreciate instead of the crap that I give out.
That was ironic.
So what I am saying is, stick with it, keep checking and one day soon this place will be a hive of activity, updating faster than you can say 'fuck me my browser cache is full again!'.

Ok so in the spirit of my other recent posts, here is a similarly rushed upload for you.
As usual not much information but if you like Irish, Celtic and more specifically fiddle music then this is for you.
There is a female vocal on this that actually does nothing for me. Scratch that, she does do something, irritates my brain until I just have to skip to the next track. It's the usual old gaelic-celtic sounding moaning vocal and I can't stand shit like that.
Wait!!!...This is worth getting because it boasts some of the finest fiddle music I ever heard. If you don't believe me then you will still have to try it to find out.
Ahem, no point in a tracklist(thank fuck) but here's a link or three for some more info...
Official site
Another site
And another site.

LINKS:

part 1
================
part 2
================
part 3
================
================

By the way if any of you think you can do better then you are welcome to join us. Emails to the address in my profile

Tags::::::
- Link for this post -

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, downloaded and are going to listen to it later this evening (as Beauty and the Geek is finisched).

4/18/2006 09:15:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check in every day or so; even when I think you have s**t for taste. LMAO! Cereally! Thanks for what you do!!! and I don't say that near often enough! mtwalker55

4/25/2006 12:36:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

hehe fucker.
Respect!
I know I have shit for taste but I'm only compromising myself for you bastards you do realise..

More shit soon after I blow this friggin' computer up in a controlled explosion here in the living-room.
Arrgghh I hate computers.

4/25/2006 02:40:00 pm  
Blogger alvega said...

I don't usuallly go for stuff like these (I too dislike female high scratchy voices...), but this one is actually very good. Thanks for pointing it to all of us.

5/14/2006 09:13:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Wow, thats great to hear. I love it when someone else has managed to appreciate something I recommended especially when they would not have bothered with it before. In fact, that is in essence the thinking behind this place when it started.
Keep trying out my recommendations mate as I still try to bring a varied selection of what I term, good bloody music!
Regards,
HitMeWithIt

5/15/2006 04:22:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of you.

This link is not live due to inactivity. Could you please reupload the same to the same server. No rapidshare please.

Thanks for your efforts.

- Rajualr

3/08/2007 09:47:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home