Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Rockers - The Original Soundtrack [1978]

Hosted By Putfile.com as Blogspot image thingy is crap and wont bloody work!!
Just an album post for you....Not much commentary, a bit busy my friends.
Thanks to HitMeWithThis for a great Peter Green post. Nice one mate.
Also, there will be a few new posters within a week!
It has taken a long time but well...Life throws shit at you when you aren't wearing your shit-proof coat and so you end up covered in it.
Takes a while to clean off you know ;)


I bring you....
A groundbreaking reggae album!
There is a movie with the same name that was brought out in 1978, Jamaica. It had most of the great reggae artists of the island starring in it!!
Not that there were any great actors amongst them and also the film is probably no better than a Russ Meyer film when it comes to plot and screenplay!
You watch this movie for the MUSIC alone though. There are some good insights into Jamaican life back then and also the rare chance to really see the darker sides of Jamaica in the movie but what grabs you is this fucking brilliant soundtrack!
A few instantly recognisable names here and some(much to my shame) that I hadn't heard of...But am now playing all day long!

NOTE!...I highly recommend the movie to you all!
If anyone has it can I get it from you somehow...pleeeaaase?
Then I will share it here! I'm looking but no luck yet!


I must go I'm sorry as I'd love to talk a lot more about this one but I think you'd prefer to get the link than read more from me and end up no time to post the link right?

Trying a different file host. I tested it and upload and download speeds were fast. Let me know if it works for you.

LINKS:

Part 1, 35Mb
================
Part 2, 35Mb
================
Mirrors...
part 1
Part 2
================

Until tomorrow...

Tags::::::
- Link for this post -

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! Thanks in advance for your excellent sharings...
I´ve tried to download the rockers file but it seems to be splitted in two parts, and the link gives acces to the first one, can´t find the other part...

6/14/2006 07:38:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Erm yes, it would appear that I am too retarded even for such a simple task as remembering to post BOTH parts of a split archive!
Oops.
I will update the post with the link to the Part 2 later ok.!

6/14/2006 08:03:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the second part... I must say that this service rapidfile worked fine for me: easy to use and excellent download speed...
I found this living dub, it would be interesting for you:

http://rapidshare.de/files/22005349/bs_ld.rar.html
pass: dorfdiscobraunsfeld
all credits go to:
dorfdiscobraunsfeld.blogspot.com/

6/14/2006 08:44:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cant get part 2 to download any help appreciated?
cheers

6/14/2006 11:31:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hey thanks for the link to the burning spear album..nice.
REGARDING SECOND FILE DOWNLOADING...
Have Patience my friend!
this new hoster I used has a very slow access time. To actually get the webpage up can take a MINUTE OR MORE! But it is a very good speed and the link works fine when you get to downloading it!
Keep trying. Mirrors will be posted anyway but i recomend you trying the host i already posted as its great.

6/14/2006 03:29:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Check original post for new mirror links. Oh and for the hell of it...here is ANOTHER mirror link for file part#2
http://www.badongo.com/file/867403

6/14/2006 04:34:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I man! Nice post, I have to find that movie and go see it again after all these years.
If you like Burning Spear go check out the "live at the Montreux Jazz festival"-album here:
http://rapidshare.de/files/21079726/BSLAM_1.rar.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/21080346/BSLAM_2.rar.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/21080999/BSLAM_3.rar.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/21081438/BSLAM_4.rar.html
If you dont have it already...

6/14/2006 11:59:00 pm  
Blogger Robert.Johnsson said...

ThanX for the SoundTrack.

I also tried the french site ...to no avail...but today sendspace actually worked:)(and of course Rapishare)

As for the movie, I just ehmm...i got it just a couple of weeks ago.
..but unfortunately..the links are now dead.
But in the NOT so far away future..i will upload it !
( a friend are getting some serious upload speed..and i will very much take advantage of that)

Regards
Robert

6/15/2006 09:08:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the chance of this movie...

6/24/2006 03:48:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the movie is on Nuffvibez.com

8/30/2006 03:08:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for yours sharings, I´ve tried to download the rockers file but it seems that the link is dead.
I would like to download the sound track, any help appreciated?
thx

5/26/2010 08:45:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hello there, yes the links are long dead. I do not have the files on my hard drive any more but...
I did a quick search and found the album for you here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/204209628/OST-Rockers__1978_.rar
No mention of a password so I am assuming it does not need one.
fingers crossed!
;)
Let us know if it works OK yes?
HitMeWithIt

5/26/2010 04:29:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home