Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Hugh Mundell - Mundell ~Digitally Remastered~ [2004]


Unfortunately the gap between the sofa, the bed and the computer chair in my house has grown considerably today. As dictated by my state of health which seems to deteriorate faster than Tony Blair or G.W Bush's integrity at the moment.
However I have brought you the second DUB album in a series of well,...quite a few more to come.
Needless to say my health also dictates the amount I can write and today that amount is nearly nothing at all as I feel the need to go back and lie down as I type this.
Just get the album ok!
If you want more info on this great guy then here's a couple of links for you to check out:
Info1
Info2
Info3

In a nutshell: this guy recorded his first session at the age of 13, recorded his debut album (Africa Must Be Free By 1983) at 16 years old, and by 20yrs had released over 5LPs! He was working with another great 'Augustus Pablo' usually being produced by Augustus, he wrote all his own lyrics and was destined to be a great among Dub reggae stars. He was shot dead in a car when he was

Sorry I can't post more about him but hopefully I'll be in better health than this soon.

LINKS:
Badongo Links
part 1
================
part 2
================
part 3
================
Megashares Links
part 1
================
part 2
================
part 3
================
Sendspace Links
part 1
================
part 2
================
part 3
================
================

LEt me know what you make of this one!
Ciao.
Tags::::::
- Link for this post -

11 Comments:

Blogger Hearwax said...

Thanks for this one man, hope you are feeling better soon !

5/17/2006 03:37:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Cheers mate. Enjoy the tunes!

5/17/2006 10:38:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mundell - excellent stuff - I must get my arse in gear (trying to use 3 computers piled on boxes is makes organisation a juggle.. oh shit where'd that harddrive go etc..., So a REAL desk this week & dsl ... - then hope to ok with you some albums - We got some very similar taste in tunes. Hope things pick up for you bro, sending u 'them healing vibes' :) - peace. Turk

5/18/2006 02:55:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Nice one mate. Hey, drop me a PM at the forum and go post your introduction when you get time!
Yep health is a bastard sometimes. It might pick up soon who knows...anyway ciao!

5/18/2006 10:51:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the rest, many thanks for this and get well soon!

5/19/2006 10:54:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

quality is 'swell as well!

ps. why don't use rabidshare? Then you wouldn't have to up the album 9 friggin' times.

5/19/2006 11:07:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ehrm www.rapidshare.de that was. Nevermind, my kye-kee-keyboard is playing up again. sry.

5/19/2006 11:08:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

rapidshare? Think about this:
Reason number 1:
Thousands of people cannot access a link at rapidshare at all. Ever. Period!
That immediately rules out their chances of downloading and hearing the music.
Reason number 2:
People get so tired of having to wait sometimes almost an hour and a half between their downloads of a multipart album,. you get the 1st part and then have to wait until rapidshare says you can download again. Ask around...everyone hates that. I know, come offline, change your IP but average joe net user is not proxy-use-savvy and has a static IP so that wont help!)

Reason 3:
Rapidshare is CONSISTENTLY the number one free filehosting service that will get albums or files removed sometimes in record time if some wally decidec to report them. If you get a twat on your site who don't like you then they can report all your links to RS and they delete them so fast you are probably still uploading them at the time!
I have had barely a file taken down since I stopped using rapidcrap.


Something else to think about. Everyone will say but RS is the fastest...(faster than what? Badongo is as fast and so are at least HALF of the now hundreds of these services that are out there), Rapidshare is stable..(not all the time. It goes down too sometimes. The others will have their teething problems too like RS had in the early days and we all remember those!

I am not even considering using them again unless I accidentally set the uploiader to the wrong site!
In fact I have been wondering how to organise a way to make people realise just how many brilliant and better(larger files, longer time kept, no deleting of files etc) than RS are out there. If people knew I am sure they would use other services. I am a memebr of lots of sites where folk upload 'stuff' and it always makes me groan when i see a huge file split up and posted at frigging RS...
Too much hassle.
(but of course I still DL it if I reaaaally want it!)

5/20/2006 11:57:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe @ your last (bracketed) sentence. All I thought was that the split archives wouldn't have been necessary on RS. That's all. And Badongo is fast too, you're right. And if you use Firefox and shut Firefox down after the first dl and start it up again for the second, it remains as fast. Otherwise the speed is gone after the first download. Anyway, didn't wanted to criticise you, really do like the blog.

5/23/2006 08:03:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

No probs, I didn't think you were criticising at all. I just got carried away with the reply..the reason for the many split archives is actually something i do which goes back for years...I am simply thinking of the poor modem users!
I remember when i used to download movies or game rips that were huge but if i got split files I'd go for it!
:)

5/23/2006 10:35:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

guide I jah, it sounds beautyfull to me... r.i.p hugh

8/25/2006 02:13:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home