Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Introducing... Nitin Sawhney [1999]


After that idea from 'my woman' I decided to post it with an album that is of a completely different genre. Sorry but it is another artist I had never heard of, not once, until this very day. I played the album twice over this afternoon and I can only tell you to download and try it. It's erm, well..beautiful. In parts at least. I sound like a prick saying that but it honestly was a fucking beautiful and pleasant experience damn you!
I firstly decided to grab the album after reading this which states in the very introduction:
'Nitin Sawhney is a London-based composer and DJ of various styles of music, including jazz, drum and bass, hip hop, flamenco and modern orchestral compositions. His major works include Beyond Skin, Prophesy, Human, and Philtre. He is considered one of the pioneers of what is known as the Asian Underground music scene, defining a music genre that mixes south-Asian musical influences with western electronica and breakbeat style'.

Well that sounded bloody interesting to me.
I have to say that I wasn't really disappointed but well...maybe a little on a couple of the tracks: they were so mellow and almost sounded a bit like those new age relaxation albums you can buy in bloody health shops! Don't take that wrongly though, this album is a winner on many levels and I will be keeping it (a lot of albums I download to try out are deleted and never thought of again!) and I fancy listening to it again tomorrow so it's got a hold of me.
I can't add much to the description of the music that Wikipedia gives it. Here is a quick rundown..Ethnic and Asian music layered over the bass and beat of electronica or maybe you might call it some kind of Lo-Fi techno or dance (I don't know that actual fucking terms...seems they are inventing a new term every time someone adds a friggin' cymbal into the drumbeat or speeds up the tempo).
Anyway why not visit his official site?
I clearly know nothing of what I am trying to convey!

LINKS:

Single Rar Archive] Click or Click
Single Rar Archive] Click
================
================

Enjoy -and let me know what you reckon!

Tags::::::

Labels: , ,

- Link for this post -

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I like about this blog is that on one day you´ll have some good old rock´n´roll a la Cramps and at the same time something completely new to me, like Sawhney, well worth discovering, though! Keep on posting...! Cheers

1/29/2007 12:12:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This guy is amazing!!! I have almost all of his albums after hearing Human and Philtre. These two albums are worth giving a listen to.

2/17/2007 02:11:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you think that one is amazing, here's 2 more - probably his best!

http://rapidshare.com/files/9201734/Nitin_Sawhney_-_Philtre.zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/9191283/Nitin_Sawhney_-_Human.zip

No pass - Enjoy

7/26/2007 12:40:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home