Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

10,000 Maniacs - In My Tribe [1987]


After I posted Howling Bells me ol' mate HitMeWithThis said it reminded him of the female vocalist from 10,000 Maniacs.
I had never heard of them. As usual.
This was just the first album I found.
I have since been listening and, whilst I am not truly amazed by it, the album is pleasant enough(!)

I'm not just an average misogynist ... what I mean is I am not one AT ALL (to make that point clear), yet, female singers ... well, I just haven't heard many I like. I mentioned this before here when I discovered the brilliant reggae singer Dezarie who had me blown away!

So I have a similar reaction with this vocalist. Natalie Merchant her name is. (I even went and got an album of hers, solo. May post it or may delete it: if you are interested in hearing it then tell me so!)
She can sing, definitely. She just doesn't do anything for me.
Doesn't even leave me cold.
Nothing.
It just goes over my head for some reason. Maybe my head is unnaturally small?
It could be that I just don't like this kind of music..hmm probably.
Yet they are damn popular so I must be missing something right?
Wrong.
Taste is subjective.
I don't like 10,000 Maniacs.
You might well love 'em!

LINKS:

Single Rar Archive] Click or Click
================
Single Rar Archive Alternative1] Click or Click
================
Single Rar Archive Alternative2] Click or Click
================
================

Tags::::::

Labels:

- Link for this post -

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

natalie merchant's ophelia album is a heart breaker, great if you like that sort, try it out

2/21/2007 09:57:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home