Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Friday, March 16, 2007

[2006] Jarvis - Jarvis Cocker















Jarvis Cocker.
He was a big part of the post rave indie britpop whatever you want to call it scene way back when Ecstasy still gave you energy and happy hardcore was still an acceptable form of dance music.
Oh those were the days...weren't they?
I don't remember much to tell the truth. The late nineties.
I do remember listening to Cockers lyrics and singing along with friends who, like me, thought we were all discovering the world for the first time...like explorers in an uncharted country.
Wow.
The latecomers to rave we'd get called.
We missed the real rave scene, apparently. Felt real enough to us in the nineties let me tell you. I have the lost brain cells to prove it. Or I don't, I should say.
The transparency of it all didn't worry us. We just did it for fun and even now, though my health would stop me even considering taking recreational drugs as I just don't have the energy and stamina, I would still tell people that if they didn't experience the effects of MDMA, just one time in their lifetime, they have missed out on something more wonderful than the imagination alone can provide.
I will always stick by that statement because.. well, it's true.
I don't promote or advocate drug use, abuse or business. That is a whole different topic.
What I am talking about here is just the personal experience and it is something to be tried.
Once is all you need.


Anyway enough rambling...what is this, his FIRST SOLO ALBUM actually like?

I think it is horrible!!! Not a word I'd use often when describing music but Jarvis has let me down on this one. I can't friggin' believe it really. He seems to be still writing about similar topics to those in his album that was so good way back then..Different Class. Lyrics of masturbating in flats in dank, cheap, downtrodden places with dirty women and cigarettes etc etc etc. It was novel in the Pulp album, he was seen as a modern day poet who had a knack for a sharp lyric and conveying the reality of the gritty streets and drugs and all that goes on in that circle of life, with brilliant wit.
That was back then.
Arctic Monkeys have become huge based on the same apparent ability. Yet their lyrics are a bit different. Times have changed. Music, and lyrics, have moved on too and yet Jarvis Cocker hasn't?






I don't like this album at all.
In fact I will probably delete it from the Hard Drive soon as I can't latch on to any particular track and say that I like it.
Remember...YOU MIGHT DISAGREE and, judging by some of the reviews it is likely that you will enjoy this album so don't take what I say as meaning anything..just try it for yourself.
Opinions would be interesting so leave a comment, there's a good chap/lass.



LINKS:

Split Rar Archive] Part 1 Here or Here or Here or Here or Here
================
Split Rar Archive] Part 2 Here or Here or Here or Here
================
================


Ciao for now.

Tags::::::

Labels: ,

- Link for this post -

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a boring record! Would appreciate some PULP, though!

3/17/2007 03:28:00 pm  
Blogger willie_dixon said...

better than ryan adams

3/19/2007 11:29:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Well that is why I love you people leaving comments. I like toknow what you think!
Hey if it's better than Ryan Adams then I'm glad you liked it mate...I just think, like the first commenter that it is lacking substance, unlike the earlier Pulp stuff which I still like to hear now and then.
I'll try get some PULP upped soon. Fucking helath is beating at me again I'm afraid. Got to update this place tomorrow Been uploading all day at least so job almost done.
Cheers. :)

3/20/2007 12:17:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home