Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Fall - The Wonderful and Frightening World of The Fall [1984]



Apologies for the delays around here. From now on I won't even bore you with any details of ill health.
If I just say 'illness' then you know that the reason for me not being up to standard is simply due to illness OK.


This album was another of those suggested by the gorgeous woman in my life *who from now shall be known by the acronym Girl Remains Nameless - GRN*. When I asked her to give me some suggestions for album posts she put this quite high in her list to me.
I got it a little while ago but have been unable to post until now.
It's a pity GRN isn't here right now because I'd love for her to review or promote this album to you...why?
Well, to put it simply, I just do not get it. At all.
What I fail to get is the blinding reviews I see all over the place for this band and this album. I mean, before you bother listening to my put-down of this album, read this for example taken from amazon:
REVIEWS
Apocalyptic and apoplectic peer-crushing jewel of an album.,

Reviewer: A music fan
'Mark E Smith, with then-wife Brix and his merry men of music troubadours joined forces with producer John Leckie, (who would later go on to produce The Stone Roses and Cast, amongst others), to construct one of the finest overlooked albums of the eighties. The album opens with 'Lay of the Land', a seven-minute rumbler with near heavy-metal guitars towards the end and an unforgettable acapella chorus, which leaves the listener reeling and reaching for the smelling salts in the dying seconds of the song, by which time all the guitars have gone out of tune, due to their sonic mis-handling. The next track "2x4" opens with yet another classic Steve Handley bass riff, whilst "Copped It" is merely an extraordinary audio collage of vocals and sound that was later used by dancer Michael Clarke in his reviews (see also "I am Kurious Oranj"). "Elves" owes much debt to Iggy and the Stooges, with Mark E Smith singing through a paper bag and sneezing at one point in the song. Leaving aside the excellent additional singles and b-sides that grace the CD-reissue but not the original album, the final five tracks comprise nothing less than an audio calling-card of why the Fall remain one of the most enigmatic and least-understood bands in Britain. Lyrical wizardry, melodic overdrive, experimentation without boredom and one of the finest drum and bass teams in the business gel perfectly to produce five classic tracks. I have listened to this album so many times I am now on my second (vinyl) copy and yet, due to the magnificence of John Leckie's production as much as the songs themselves, I still hear something new on every listen. I implore you to try this album. Live with it and persevere with it for six months and then try to find another album that can be compared to this apocalyptic and apoplectic peer-crushing jewel. '

Or how about this one:

Embarrassment of riches!,
Reviewer: Ree View
'This is the band's masterpiece. More than 70 minutes of warped, garage-rockabilly-pop that somehow manages to feel like none of it was aimed at radio-play in spite of nearly every tune being as catchy as anything on radio. Endlessly listenable'


So there you have it. And believe me, these reviews are representative of the general feeling from most of the audience out there that have had the pleasure of this band.
So I don't get it. I don't friggin' like the album dammit!
What is so good about it?
It, to me, is a noise and not a nice noise at that.
OK I know they hardly aimed for being called 'nice' when they started putting together such an album but to be honest...I have tried with this one. It just doesn't do it for me.

Hope YOU enjoy it though.


LINKS:

Single Rar Archive] Click or Click
================
Single Rar Archive Alternative1] Click or Click
================
Single Rar Archive Alternative2] Click or Click
================

Tags::::::

Labels: ,

- Link for this post -

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU WERE NOT PUT ON THIS EARTH TO 'GET IT'

11/30/2008 02:53:00 pm  
Blogger chuka said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5/14/2009 03:40:00 am  
Blogger chuka said...

the previous comment about the password, i found it, tee-hee. thaks for the album, will be listening tomorrow.

5/14/2009 04:13:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hehe no problem. Enjoy the music. I never did get around to trying this one again and having another listen, to try and understand why people seem to like it so much. Maybe I'll redownload it myself and see.
HitMeWithIt

5/14/2009 01:09:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home