Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Freight Trains & Bob Dylan

Back for a moment.
I have been listening to old Bob Dylan and really getting to know it and loving it more all the time. I thought the track Freight Train Blues on his album, Bob Dylan (1962) (PASSWORD FOR THAT FILE:power) was just brilliant and, surprise surprise, it makes you think of freight trains and long journeys...well, me at least. I have spent a few long months travelling like that except for the fact I was in England, Scotland or Wales and never even saw a freight train! Skipped a few public trains though...I don't suppose that counts.
...it seemed like an adventure to me.
My Dad, a bit older than me, a lot more life experienced and, well, obviously of the same stock because he HAS travelled.
More relevant here is the fact that he travelled from the East coast of USA to the West Coast.
On a freight Train.
Yep. I am pretty jealous of that.

He went from California to New York.
I would need to get him talking and ask him how long it took exactly but I doubt he would remember anything 'exactly' about it. I have heard the stories though and it's amazing.
I decided to put together a video to go along with the song Freight Train Blues.
Hope you enjoy it.

It is far from being the only track on that album that conjures up Freight Trains...Dylan was so different then, a lot of the tracks transport you across the states and into some historic moment you might have to go looking up on google...heh...or is that just me?




================

Some great rarities coming soon...just tryin to encode them to AVI files and UPLOAD...watch this space!


Tags::::::

Labels: , ,

- Link for this post -

2 Comments:

Blogger rap said...

New York is east, Cali is west, Paul, so...

6/05/2008 11:38:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

so...I got it wrong. he still did it.
I wasn't thinking!

6/06/2008 04:41:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home