Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Monday, November 24, 2008

{ VIDEO ! } Steve Hillage - University Of Kent [Canterbury 1979] XviD



Hey fans. How goes your life.
Mine is trundling along as usual but nothing around here is 'as usual' at the moment.
I decided to put myself on an 'exclusion diet' about 8 days ago. this was my attempt to gain control of my illness and try to make myself get better too. Well, I have definitely been feeling better today!
It is a long LONG time since I was able to say or write that sentence and it feels good :)
There's a long way to go yet but for now, the diet is helping.
And on with todays offering...



Steve Hillage!
The man who can almost bring a tear to my eye when he lets his soul out and spreads hiw unique form of mastery over the guitar!
the man who is NOT included in 'Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Guitarists' list.
Tossers obviously don't know much about much! I mean - Kurt Cobain is in the friggin' list!?
Hillage is overlooked and underrated and I'm not really sure why.
It could be his look.
(hehe)
It could be his long-term affiliation to all things 'drug' and 'new-age'. And that's new age in the 'leylines, pixies and standing stones and energy from pyramids' sense of the word, not meditation CD specials that you pick up from a bargain bin.
There must be some reason he isn't more well known or talked about, even in circles such as the 100 greatest guitarists of all time list by Rolling Stone magazine. Funny that.
Well I hereby award STEVE HILLAGE the MP3@3pm award for the second best guitarist ever.
I am sure he will be delighted when he finds out.
(I won't tell him as he may get pissed about me posting his stuff)
Well folks on with the show...
I know a few of you liked what you heard with the previous hillage posting, coincidentaly, the audio version of this very show!
It may not then surprise you to learn that this is the video of said show and it's even better to see what you are hearing, if you know what I mean.
The tracklist is slightly different for this..do not ask me why or how but it seems to be..

As usual recently I have only uploaded to one filehost: Megaupload.com.
Now, if you cannot download from there for some reason then do these two things please: Leave a comment and tell me what the problem is with megaupload that stops you having your downloads. (Is it telling you your country hasd no slots allocated to it or is it telling you to buy a premium account or.. something else?)
Let me know ok!

Some file details and then the links.
I really really want you all to enjoy this as much as I have and I assure you the quality is as good as the DVD I ripped it from, which was a custom-made DVD taken from a Japanese TV broadcast of what was first Filmed and broadcast by the BBC with a show called "Rock Goes to College". I couldn't find the BBC version but I hear it has a time code running across the screen. Well, in a couple of speech parts(very few!) there is Japanese subtitling at the bottom.
It makes no difference believe me though, of course it is always nice to get a pure 'clean' copy.

--- Video Information ---

Video Codec : XviD ISO MPEG-4
Video Bitrate (kbps) : 2073
Resolution : 640x464
Aspect Ratio : 1.379
Framerate : 29.970


--- Audio Information ---

Audio Codec : 0x0055 MPEG-1 Layer 3
Audio Bitrate(kbps) : 177
Audio Sample Rate (Hz): 48000
Audio Bitrate Type : VBR
Audio Channels : 2

- --TRACKLIST-- -
01 The Salmon Song
02 Introduction
03 New Age Synthesis (Unzipping the Zype)
04 Hurdy Gurdy Man
05 1988 Aktivator
06 Unidentified (Flying Being)
07 It's All Too Much



Duration : 42:59s

Total Size : 696 MB (730,118,144 bytes)



LINKS:
Remember - Files are in Rar archives~ Using Winrar, Winrar Software Here
Howto Download From Megaupload
Howto Download From Rapidshare


Split Rar Archives]
Part 1 or Part 1
Part 2 or Part 2
Part 3 or Part 3
Part 4 or Part 4
Part 5 or Part 5
Part 6 or Part 6
Part 7 or Part 7
Part 8 or Part 8
SFV File..(download to check integrity of files)
================
Split Rars Alternative 1]
No alternative links just now...however -
Please leave a comment if you require a different file host but say why also as I may be able to help you to get it from megaupload!
================
================

Have a nice evening.





Tags::::::

Labels: , , , ,

- Link for this post -

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many thanks for sharing this document. Brings back sweet memories (saw Steve Hillage on stage back in 1978 in Sierck (France, near the German border)

Little Axe

11/25/2008 12:00:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hillage out of top 100.. shows what rolling stone's worth.. ludicrous, like about half his stuff, and when he gets the riff on, immensely, even system 7 stuff is quite listenable.. thanks bro.. narwhal

11/25/2008 02:23:00 pm  
Blogger nonrob said...

Hillage Demos
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8SM49Q5Z

11/30/2008 01:02:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Thanks for the feedback folks and Robbie...I'm a little late but going to download that right now!
thanks! :)

12/02/2008 11:50:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! Have heard the audio, will be good to have the pictures to go with it!
Newelectricmuse

12/07/2008 09:33:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great job! congratulations!

12/22/2008 12:56:00 am  
Blogger ruby101 said...

THANKS,
Love the audio. can't wait to see the video now.

R

4/09/2009 04:04:00 pm  
Blogger ruby101 said...

Would you mind uploading it in Megaupload?

That works best for me.

Thanks,
R

5/15/2009 02:05:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hey there Ruby, I think you are confused, or perhaps I am(!) as the links above for thee video are already uploaded to Megaupload. Each of the links when clicked take you to a redirection page and then you click again and are taken to megaupload to download the file. Try it.
Unless I am not following what you mean...?
good Luck!
HitMeWithIt

5/16/2009 11:30:00 pm  
Blogger Stefanos said...

I don't care what all these magazines and rock encyclopedias wright.I know what my heart says,my senses says,my soul votes.
Steve is one of my top-5 guitarists
in my life (i'm 58) among Hendrix,Frank Marino (another similar situation as Steve),D.Gilmour and C.Santana.
I wish you all the best my friend!

7/13/2009 10:09:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ANYBODY WHO LOVES STEVE HILLAGE AS MUCH AS I, IS MY TRUE BROTHER, COME VISIT MY BLOG IF YOU LIKE AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, SAW STEVE ONCE IN 1977 IN LAS VEGAS NEVADA, OF ALL PLACES, FANTASTIC SHOW, NEARLY UNBELEAVABLE, TO SAY THE LEAST, OPENED FOR BLUE OYSTER CULT, WE WENT TO SEE STEVE, NOT BLUE OYSTER, HE BLEW THEM AWAY,THANX FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK, HERE IS MY LINK http://solarmusicfreakacym.blogspot.com/

10/11/2011 06:44:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanx for stopping by and for your comment, I love to share & trade anything & everything, Im a prog hog & a dead head, hope you enjoy the Kerrs Pink, as always enjoy from solarmusic.

10/12/2011 12:48:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home