Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Daevid Allen (Gong) - Eat Me Baby I'm A Jelly Bean [1998]




Hello again if there's anyone still listening to this rather sporadic blog.
I can only inform you of just how ill I am and have been, again lately. This is the reason for my absence and only now I think it may be getting better but, the nature of it is that it's unpredictable and also annoyingly inconsistent. what makes me feel better today may make my symptoms worse tomorrow. It gets difficult to know what to do after a while.



I'm sure I must have mentioned it but..hehe just let me indulge that again and tell you that as I AM GOING TO A GONG CONCERT in November, I have been listening to them and getting to know all the stuff I used to listen to in my hippie days...I came across this brilliant work by Daevid Allen, playing with a band he has put together and the music is unlike any Gong you will hear.
I used to say 'I hate jazz' and I did. With a passion you could say.
I think it was many nights of late TV watching here in the UK. For some strange reason they used to put these incessant jazz shows on that would last for hours. Just free-form jazz playing. The music seemed to me to go nowhere. I like music to have some kind of anchor. Structure. I don't appreciate it if it is so far gone that it just keeps changing and morphing and evolving without bringing you back to something you can anchor on to. I don't know if I'm making that clear. I know what I mean!
Well Gong have been one band that have brought me dangerously close to jazz in the past. In fact listening to them and Steve Hillage I have had to accept that there are definitely some forms of Jazz I really like.
I think as long as it has structure then I love it. The chords that are played are amazing. It really has a lot going for it but, has to have structure.
Free-form jazz?
Stick it.

So. This is Daevid Allen playing Jazz.
Cool lyrics, quirky music. What can go wrong?
What a feckin' brilliant record this is! I've now listened to it about 15 times in a couple of days which is unusual for me, unless it is Hendrix.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
Really.
It would be good to imagine you might take the time to leave a comment on what you think of it, but alas...I know you are far too busy eh.

LINKS:
Remember - Files are in Rar archives~ Using Winrar, Winrar Software Here
Howto Download From Megaupload
Howto Download From Rapidshare


Single Rar Archive] Click or Click.
================
Single Rar Alternative 1] Click or Click.
================
================


Tags::::::

Labels: ,

- Link for this post -

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for this and the winehouse show, super choices, and enjoy the show! zeddy

5/06/2009 04:12:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hey dude!
Thanks.
It's just nice to hear a voice in here...it's been so quiet and lonely a place, this site. Only the wind and tap tapping on the keys for company.
You almost gave me a fright!
Hehe.
Yeah the Gong show is great in that it is rare to see them on film, well it is for me at least.
Amy Winehouse, I am a complete latecomer to her talent(s) but I think she has just an amazing voice...and she looks great too :)

5/06/2009 06:16:00 pm  
Blogger roldo said...

hey Thank You for this - I had no idea this side even existed

10/09/2009 08:58:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home