Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Art Brut (and The Streets)

So much for 3pm. I had to struggle to get here by 6pm today. Oh well the world won't stop spinning.
It is already starting to irritate me the amount of conjecture and petty chatter regarding Michael Jackson; will he have a career; won't he have a career; is he guilty and got away with it; is he innocent and the victim of personal vendetta by the D.A; is he a weirdo with a fucked up face who really deserves none of this attention.
Ok I made the last one up but it's the most realistic in my opinion. Fuck CNN ABC BBC news 24 and Mr Jackson. Fuck 'em all.

That's better.
Now, Thank you to David for bringing this band to my attention. Never before heard of them and so I listened with a completel;y open mind.
did I like them?
Hmm. I have to say the jury is still out. They are quite punky which isn't a bad thing but they do have the unfortunate likeness to 'The Streets' whom have become one of my pet hates over the past year due to the amazing lack of talent voiced in the lead 'singers' erm..poetry.
The Streets are proof, if ever we needed any, that the general public will buy anything if it is marketed in the right way, I.e.with a matching irritating ringtone and a 'cutesy' lead singer who speaks/sings/talks of 'stuff you can relate to 'n that innit'. Bollocks.
So Art Brut. They are not The Streets and are not in the same irritation league I am glad to say. The songs are definitely entertaining and they get ten out of ten for originality but I do have a feeling the entertainment will not last and then I will be forced to refrain from listening to them again. Ever.
(Sorry David).
I'll let YOU decide.

LINKS:

=====part 1======
[RS]
2340507
bbrr_art.rar
================

=====part 2=====
[RS]
2355513
bbrr_brut.rar
===============

Enjoy. Feedback would be great as I'd love to hear what others think of this lot.
More soon.
- Link for this post -

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I avoid that nonsense by just not watching any television. News off the internet is better because you can pick and chose what you want to actually look at.

I'd like to request some Peel sessions in the future if you come across any.

Kudos on your blog thus far.

6/14/2005 09:58:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Yes. I should avoid television I suppose. I can't stand it but, as the PC is in the living room and my g/f may be watching it, I still get to hear it :*(
I will have a look around for any peel sessions soon ok.
thanks for the vote of confidence!

6/15/2005 09:46:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for Art Brut!
was looking for that quite a long time now.

6/15/2005 02:33:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say thanks for the Art Brut post. Cheers.

8/04/2005 03:42:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home