Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Cirque Du Soleil - Saltimbanco [1992] & Putumayo: CUBA [1999]


This is a bit of a gem for you. My womanfriend who is to remain forever nameless, asked me why I never listened to her CDs. Of course the answer was that I was obsessed with collecting and listening to MP3s having almost forgotten about CDs in general. Well she got this one and told me I might be pleasantly surprised. Hmm...

I already covered the American Indian New Age Bollocks right so don't worry, it isn't that kind of music but some of it might be mistakenly termed 'new age' though it would be wrong. This album is the soundtrack to a live Circus/show which they put on in theatres throughout the world.!
It is a stunning collection of uplifting and relaxing melodies. Some are almost operatic whilst others are electric guitar and a fusion of ambience with rock, if you like.
I am glad I listened to this and couldn't wait to send it to you here.
Don't miss the chance to hear something that stands out amongst the generic crap called music these days.
I wont beg for comments but fucking hell...you know what? I like talking, debating etc and it would be good to hear what you think of this album.
Oh and I'd love to go see the show in theatres. Have a look at the Cirque Du Soleil website and have a look. There is a short film clip there that gives you an idea of what their show is about. It is circus but very contemporary art, with the music and acrobatics and the stunning reviews they get, I am looking out for when they are next in the UK.

I really should point out that I know a lot of this album sounds like spyro gyra or whatever their fucking name is, and yes it has synthesizers too! but I didn't say it was my all time favourite album, just that now that I have heard it, I will probably listen to it now and again... If my womanfriend was to play it every day, it would be perfectly inoffensive to me. I might even enjoy it. Definitely.
Confused?

Enjoy!

LINKS:

part 1
================
part 2
================
part 3
================
================

I trust you will find a track you love, as I have!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



I found these direct links to a Putumayo album so, knowing how much people like these I thought I'd post them quickly.
Being direct links, they don't come with the usual tracklist and are not named properly but I'm sure you can work it out yourself.
Just copy and paste the names from the page and rename them manually...

Putumayo Presents: Cuba [1999]

TRACKLIST

01_Compositor Confundido.mp3
02_Al Vaiven de Mi Carreta.mp3
03_El Adios de Esta Momento.mp3
04_Campina performed.mp3
05_Sabroso Como el.mp3
06_Mecanica de Amor.mp3
07_Mami Me Gusto.mp3
08_Boliviana.mp3
09_El Reloj de.mp3
10_Patria Querida.mp3

Tags::::::
- Link for this post -

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the Putumayo!

3/20/2006 03:03:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOTTA LOVE PUTUMAYO!!!

3/22/2006 09:53:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)
This is what I get now
Yesterday I can download 5 songs, but today that is the message I get
Any help?
TX

3/23/2006 01:12:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

@jeff...I tested the files and they are fine and working. All I can say is...make sure you have ALL PARTS of the rar files in the same directory, then open the lowest numbered part, then extract. You only need to type the password one time when opening the rar file:
MP3@3pm
If you have an error it might well say its password related but most times this isn't correct. Higher chance is that the file has become corrupted somewhere in downloading,(re-download) or you are using a MAC(get a PC!..hehe)

@ Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)
I just tested those Putumayo links and they are working.
I am not hosting them so if they stop working then that is life Im afraid. that is why you must be fast when you want some files that are hosted on some anonymous server...like those are. Anyway maybe they stopped working for a while. they are working right now so GO!

3/24/2006 12:00:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks HMWI
Now they´re working
Downloaded all the files OK
Many thanks for posting those Putumayo links
See you

3/27/2006 04:43:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home