Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Monday, March 06, 2006

THE MUSIC OF ISLAM - Volume Fourteen: Mystic Music Through the Ages


PLEASE VOTE IN THE POLL!


The title of this one seems a bit ominous so I'll give you a little bit of what I found written on it...
Apologies first as this is just a copy&paste from the official site...Not that I don't think you could have found it yourself or anything!

'This volume focuses on the mystic music of the Islamic world—specifically Turkish mystics. To Westerners, Islamic mysticism is practically synonymous with Sufism. Sufi poetry and music have endured for centuries in various Islamic countries. In the mystical brotherhoods music always had a revered and acknowledged place. Although the term music is never used in mystical writings, but rather listening—voice, gesture and musical instruments are all aids to the devotee in his spiritual exercise, which leads him to ecstasy and to supreme union with God. In every case, the music draws its inspiration from the text, and its structure from a sophisticated set of modes, rhythms, and traditional forms.

The tracks on this recording literally date from the V-XIV/11th-20th centuries featuring many famous compositions such as Tekbir and Salavat-i Serife, known throughout the Islamic world as two of the masterworks of one of Turkey's greatest composers. Also featured are ilahis (hymns), excerpts of the sema ritual and dhikr (zikr in Turkey) ceremonies. Completing the volume is a vocal performance of Surah 19, Ayet 115-117 of the Qur'an
'

My review(!abuse of the term!) of this one is simply.: Aaaah. Love it.

LINKS:

part 1
================
part 2
================
================
You do realise that this is the penultimate volume??!!
Get ready for completion!!!!
And erm, vote in the poll or I will hold out on the last volume!
hehe

Tags::::::
- Link for this post -

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a music maker. Just found your spot man... I'll be seeing what i can manipulate and work with.. And i'm thinking this is hot biz. So good looks man n i'll see what i can do with this stuff..

3/08/2006 04:17:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This guy hitmewithit is a worthless wanker with too much idle time on his hands. What about getting the fuck out of bed, getting a penicillin shot, and getting a fucking paying job? How's that for an idea, you shitstirring layabout?

Posts some free moslem shit and he's a hero for cultural diversity? Like he was giving away SS gear. They're only clothes, right? Prick.

Go to Mindanao, Iran, Iraq or even Holland. You can have all the islamic shit you want, up close and personal.

You can even be diverse. The muzzies will give you that, just like they gave some diversity to Nick Berg and Theo van Gogh. They'll even sing one of the songs you like over your headless body.

3/09/2006 09:05:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Now, not often that I get accosted by such a worthless tunnel-minded bigot that it makes me actually laugh out loud but this morning you changed all that.
the name calling and penicillin shot stuff...well that is a bit school playground but I will tell you that the illness I have can't be cured by a shot of an antibiotic ok. so forget that. thanks for the attempt at helping me though. Lets get on to the real meat of your comment though right:
What planet are you on?
Interesting that you chose to be a 'Mr Anonymous' to post such a distorted view of society, religion and your imagined links between islamic fundamentalism and islamic music.
You my friend are the fucking Prick with a capital 'P' here.
Get yourself a fucking education before I come and ram a fucking Koran down your throat. Not that I am a muslim, I just think it would take a book of a similar size to make you really shut the fuck up. But have a bible for the job if you prefer.
Please, reply with a little more of a solid argument next time.

3/09/2006 10:23:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I never even imagined such Islamic recordings existed until I chanced upon your blog. Thanks for sharing my friend. I owe you one, err actually 14 albums in all.

Later..
Hadramie

3/12/2006 12:52:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hellyeah! i'd be really appreciate if you upload the last
volume of the music form islam.
Tnaks in advance.

3/12/2006 04:41:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

It is coming...

3/12/2006 07:08:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!! (from Holland)

I really enjoy the music you bring to our (mine) attention. It's not all my cup of tea, but it's surely worth listening to. Just my wife is complaining about the religious thing she seems to hear....
(I just hear great music....)

3/25/2006 09:53:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember visiting before, a few months ago, and compared to then I think the site has goten pretty lame. Your links have occasionally led to useless downloaders who want to download sex tapes or want you to join their club.

Overall, not too impressed.

rororo in Alaska

3/25/2006 12:51:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

@ Peter! hi there, glad you liked the music. Tell your wife that it isn't religious just because it sounds like it!!! It really is great music!

@ the poster above me...
What the HELL are you on about?
sex downloaders that want you to join their club???
I think you might be referring to my use of the freehost called sexuploader.com which, is a free host site like rapidshare except there is NO TIME LIMIT on the files and also the download speeds for YOU and OTHERS is much faster than others like megaupload etc. I do this for the users and you fucking complain?
Go fuck yourself you imbecile!
If seeing sex ads upsets you then why don't you DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT???
A simple bloody HOSTS file (as I use myself) stops uyou from seeing about 90% of any ads and I never see a single google ad or any of those at sexuploader.com.
It is up to YOU how PROTECTED your little eyes are from the horrendously offensive TEXT sex-related ads that you might find oon that site!
I can't configure your PC for you and I can't teach you the most basic of PC security.
by the way, that hosting site is still 100% safe. It doesn't try to download stuff to your PC or give you any spyware or anything else untoward. the only complaint you could have is that it made you see the SEX word for a minute whilst you waited to download a link.
Get over it you moron.

3/27/2006 02:17:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home