Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

More useless information you didn't want to know.

As you are so worried abouit the welfare of my supercomputer and it's dead hard drive, here is an update.
I thought I should come and post this kind of in the spirit of a suicidal man who wants to make sure he gets a last poignant message out to the world.
I am going to finish this post; come offline; power-down the machine. Then I will take out the anti-static mat; The screws will be relaxed from the rear of the casing.
With a steady yet shaking hand I will proceed to secure the Hard Drive bay area and then locating the screws for hard drive -0; release them and carefully relocate the drive to the floor.
This will probably bring me to such a climactic and stressful state that it would be wise to stop for recuperation at this point. It depends entirely on my ability to stay calm and focused on the delicate task before me.
I will remove the wiring and cables from the drive at -3; then, carefully and without hesitation, check the pathway is clear and secrete said drive into its new station (this being -0). God willing, all will be well at this juncture. If I have failed by this time you will hear my voice no more. Trust and I will come through.
Once the drive is fitted into the bay I just have the unenviable task of edging the screws into the holes; one by one; treading like a spider atop the surface of water: I cannot let the surface tension get the better of me. Placing the plugs in, red wire to the right( avoiding certain calamity), cable wire to the left, I will be in the proud and cocksure postition of a man who has the target in his sights; the finish line is in view; obstacles; mountains; have been surmounted, passed.
I'll fire it up and then get on with the software issues. Just the small matter of placing the old 40Gb image onto a freshly cleared drive.
Seconds later, I will be back.

Tags::::::
- Link for this post -

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck with your works....

You can imgae your hard drive with norton ghost which works great IMHO.

Put the old HDD on the 2nd IDE (master)along with CD/DVD as slave and your new HDD on your primary IDE for best results.

4/25/2006 06:12:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck,Bro..
Sounds like you have it all under control to me..
Peace! :)

4/25/2006 11:08:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Tis' done.

4/26/2006 11:55:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Thanks for the comments...I worked it all out. A bit of a bastard was the fact that, I thought I would be slick by using the image of the 40Gb drive I already had(I take the precaution of using acronis true image to schedula an auto image backup every two days!-highly highly recommend it!)...but! I planned on clearing a 40Gb space on my larger drive and making a partition on it and then simply putting the image on there, no harm done.
then acronis true image informs me that it can ONLY RESTORE AN IMAGE ONTO A COMPLETE DRIVE, NOT A PARTITION!
SO I had to then get back to the drawing board...clear off my 80Gb drive (that took some doing and a few burned DVDs) until it was empty.
then I restored the image, swapped ostiion of the drives and heu presto the PC booted up as if nothing had gone wrong.
simple eh.

As for what I was on HitMeWithThis, it's just painkillers and severe lack of sleep that sometimes gives me the edge. hehe

4/28/2006 09:11:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home