Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

CAMEL - On The Road 1981 and some relaxation therapy...

I will start off today with a little advice for you. For free.
If you ever find yourself getting up in the night due to insomnia or whatever other reason you might have that means you cannot sleep and are forced to get up and stay awake(!)...then your priority by daybreak has to be getting yourself relaxed.
Here is my recipe.
Fill yourself a bath. When the water is running -slowly- with equal hot and cold water filling the bath(can't have it too hot or the oils will burn), you need to put some oils in. Essential oils of course. Only the best will do.
Put 4 drops of Lavendar oil
Put 3 drops of Peppermint oil and finish off with
2 drops of Sweet Fennel oil.

I have been doing this for years and I have to say it's great. Relaxes you but the peppermint seems to give you a wakefulness that makes you feel alive! The fennel gives your lungs and breathing a lift.
Try it.
Now: Put some laid-back music on.
I know there are a million albums I could list but I will just give you a couple of ideas of albums I like to put on:
Obscured By Clouds - Pink Floyd
On The Road 1981 - Camel
Any album By Armik...Flamenco guitar usually does the trick.
Amélie By Yann Tiersen [OST] is a good one too.

I'm sure you have more ideas.
You get the general feeling.
Then go sit in the bath for at least 1hour.

Great.

=======================

Now you might just want to download this album.
It is by the second-greatest band from the 1970's that sprung up out of the area of Kent...the areas in and around Canterbury were known for the sheer amount of musicians that were around there, collaborating, forming bands, switching bands, weaving and ducking and diving in a mass genetic pool of great and progressive musicians. I will be bringing you most of those in due course.
Arguably one of the best bands to come from this was the band I give you today:
Camel
Arguably one of the best albums they released is also the one I give you today though I am not so arrogant to imagine that this is an entirely subjective point and I could be wrong, in your eyes.

Tracklist
1. Never Let Go ( 7:03)
2. Song Within A Song ( 7:20)
3. Lunar Sea (10:50)
4. City Life ( 4:43)
5. Nude ( 0:27)
6. Drafted ( 3:55)
7. Docks ( 4:06)
8. Beached ( 3:34)
9. Landscapes ( 3:22)
10. Changing Places ( 3:31)
11. Reflections ( 2:24)
12. Captured ( 3:19)
13. The Last Farewell ( 4:04)

If you know Camel and their pretty large discography then you will no doubt like this album and probably own it already. I owned it on vinyl which is no good to me now having gotten rid of my player a while ago. So 'finding' this in MP3 was great for me.
If you don't know Camel then I really want you to try it. Think relaxing music with a bit of cleverness, an edge, brilliant meandering guitar solos, keyboards that don't go all 'rick wakeman' on you yet have some beautiful expressions to show you, not least the timing of the beats can really get into your head. Camel have a few tracks where they do unusual time signatures. If you know little about the technicalities then I won't bore you. Just think of how most songs will have a beat that you can tap '1-2-3-4 and,' to yes?
Well Camel will use the odd beat tha you might describe as '1-2-3-4-5-6-7 and (1)..etc' or even just the three '1-2-3-1-2-3' (Think ocean color scene riverboat song?).
Anyway I'm rambling so have a listen and let me know what you think.


LINKS:

part 1
================
Mirror Here
================
part 2
================
Mirror Here
================
================

Tags::::::
- Link for this post -

12 Comments:

Blogger lowcostmusic said...

The Camel discography can be found here:
http://www.avaxhome.ru/search.php?keys=camel

5/04/2006 05:24:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Yes I know...But you lie..it IS'NT the Camel discography, it isn't complete!
I contributed the very album I am posting here!

5/04/2006 10:12:00 am  
Blogger lowcostmusic said...

Sorry. The correct phrase is:
The almost complete Camel discography can be...

5/04/2006 04:01:00 pm  
Blogger lowcostmusic said...

Ohert thing. All my contributions (search for avaxbr in avax or google) are my work ripping Cds & Vinyls with only 2 or 3 exceptions.
Cheers

5/04/2006 04:10:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
Thanks for bringing some Prog to our attention.The Canterbury Scene deserves more attention,for sure.I wanted to let you know that grammy has a load of Camel,and some Caravan,Hatfield and the North,Soft Machine,Flash,Jade Warrior,Jason Rudess,King Crimson,Bill Bruford,Tony Levin,Marillion,and so many others..notto mention their Jazz stuff,which includes quite a few Monk,Miles and Trane box sets..yeah,DLing 2 songs at a time at unknown speeds(from 4-100 kbs),but it comes out to about the same amount of time it would take w rapidshare's suck-ass 'waiting time' in between DLs..
Anyway,I hope this is useful to my fellow music collectors/reserchers/lovers/etc..
And Thank You for all of the fine work you folks have done unearthing these aural delights!
Peace :)

5/04/2006 07:39:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

@ lowcostmusic
I don't doubt your avax posts my friend. I wasn't questioning it.
Keep yer hair on :)

@BoyHowdy
Great bit of info for people there. Cheers.
Yes I was practically obsessed with the Canterbury Scene music for years, favourite band has to be Caravan. the keyboard is second to none. some of the best keyboard solos you will ever hear by David Sinclair.
Oh and Gong are good too though the Hillage years are what I like. Hillage is a guitar genius!

5/04/2006 10:21:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yes! How could I forget Gong and Hillage..speaking of which.. finding his solo stuff is far from easy..I enjoy sharing what I know,as no doubt,you and your mates do also.. I have to say though,its a real thrill to actually meet folks that know theres more to Prog than Yes and Phil Collins Genesis,for damn sure.. Prog wasnt as popular here in the states as it was there, unfortunately.. I did get to see some fine shows though,among them,
my personal fave,Gentle Giant and the mighty King crimson w Wetton,Cross,Bruford and Fripp on more than one occasion.. Lest I forget ,Zappa on Halloween..heheh..
Those were the days(daze?)
Peace :)

5/04/2006 11:23:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

@boy howdy
Yes, I have some of hillage solo stuff somewhere, maybe for another day. Not too sure about his more recent solo stuff though, still a bit undecided on that. I have to say that whenever I tried to listen to 'Yes' or 'Genesis' I just had to accept the fact that I thought they were irritating, hollow and basically shit!
I can't listen to them.
I think theirs is a different idea of prog rock to mine and a lot of other followers of bands like Caravan and Camel, Gong, etc etc.
I have the two Matching Mole albums which are pretty good...you heard those?
I'm sure Wyatt is a main player on those. Might post them soon. yep, that's decided then!

5/08/2006 04:59:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great! I've yet to hear them,but your musical tastes/opinions are Rock Solid in my book,and if you say theyre pretty good,then thats a definite DL,count on it..
Sincere thanks! :)

5/09/2006 08:13:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi this camel album is great - is there a chance to repost the 2nd bit of the rar file ie nude onwards as i can't d/l form the mirror and the original is deleted. At present i've got 1/2 of a great concert ....

thanks in advance is possible

11/15/2006 01:04:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hmm. OK mate. I do not have the original rar set anymore for obvious Hard Drive spacre reasons!
If it is just from 'Nude' onwards though right?
I will upload the rest for you very soon...watch this space!

11/18/2006 12:20:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Ietter. I went to the miror link that won't work for you, downloaded the original part2 rar file, then reupped it elsewhere for you. The link on the page is updated...here is the link for you also:
http://tinyurl.com/sdsap

11/18/2006 01:01:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home