Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Listen to this! Mashup Has Matured

I don't want to bore you too much with my latest find but, I was so impressed by this.
Long gone are the days when mashups were just some vocal track laid over a recognisable backing or two tracks that fitted well together more or less playing together with one chorus and the other verses or that kind of simplistic thing.
Oh no.
When I listened to this I realised: These guys are now so talented..! This isn't just adding loops and drag and drop samples from different tracks, the guy that created this, especially the Adamski/ Killers one, is a craftsman! yes I did say that.
The two songs (well there are more in there but two main ones) are not just cut and pasted together, they have been pulled apart and a completely new arrangement has been cleverly crafted out of them. There is of course the verses of one song then the chorus of another but it goes a lot deeper than that: the way the music and the timings are arranged to fit the two together in some seemingly very difficult to achieve areas, it's just great.
I think they did an amazing job on it.
the Oasis track too is similar. Crafted out of the two tracks, The result is a completely new arrangement with surprises throughout.
I am not new to listening to these mashups but I obviously haven't listened to one for a while.
Just wanted you to hear these.
I got a few of them with these if you're interested, let me know.

Get your own Box.net widget and share anywhere!

================
================

Tags::::::

Labels:

- Link for this post -

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yer some more links/uploads would be sweet.

It would be good to get back into the mashup days of boomselection and xfm induced mashup years.

2/22/2007 09:18:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hey thanks for the comment. I wish more people would let me know what they think!
I'm glad you liked it. Pretty damn good eh?
I'll upload the rest of them that came with those two tracks. It was 'packaged' as an album with the title MTV Mashups but I didn't post it in that way due to the fact that the tracks are all different bitrates and volumes...so it's annoying to listen to them, volume going all over the place and some of them at 128k sound bad.
Anyway I'll put some of the better quality ones up from the set ok!

2/22/2007 09:42:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are great, just curious though if you could post them as a download. Great site though, keep up the fun times!

Cheers!

2/23/2007 11:28:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

OOps! I updated that thingy on the page so that it had all the tracks in there but forgot you can't download from it...go here to download them ok:
BOX.NET FOLDER

Let me know if it works ok. You just click the X next to each file you want to download.

2/24/2007 03:31:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks, works great. Decent speeds (90kb/s) here in the states.

Cheers!

2/24/2007 02:15:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home