Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ricky Gervais Podcasts ... the Bonus Disc exclusive!



Ricky Gervais. Such a funny guy. For a time I used to think he really was the funniest guy I had ever seen as far as comedy goes. Before that I think John Cleese was my favourite but when Ricky Gervais appeared on the TV screen he really changed things. Well a little. Not much actually. He just did what came naturally and everyone around him changed. They rallied around him, building up hype. As if the media could hardly believe this 'new' comedy that consisted of erm...not much really.
Not in terms of 'TV friendly' comedy. He didn't give them much to go on.
It was just situations; cringe worthy moments; awkward silences and nothing that would look so good on TV at all. Even in early interviews he was such a nice chap. So humble.
Heh.


Think he's changed?
Ever since the podcasts solely consisted of him and Stephen Merchant taking the piss out of Karl I started to wonder if I found him as funny anymore.
I've said it before here but I just wish he would get away from the Karl thing and maybe talk about something else for a change!
These podcasts only run their lifespan because they stopped talking about anything other than the Karl thing and it really is a thin joke. OK it still makes me laugh when Karl says something funny and they howl in the background, but, I would have loved it if they had brought out some of these shows where Ricky and Stephen talked about something and maybe had a bit of a comedy debate...the big topics, religion, science, immortality etc. etc. and yes, even Karl could chip in now and again like he used to before they made him an equal member and he eventually was the only topic!
The conversations they used to have on the XFM shows are absolutely classic and they are the real shows to keep a hold of.
I haven't listened to this yet, just uploaded it fast cos' you asked for it, so maybe I am wrong and this one is a good one.
Still, bring back the old Ricky and Stephen like the XFM days...

LINKS:
Remember - Files are in Rar archives~ Info Here, Winrar Software Here

These are in separate MP3 tracks so here goes..

Track 01] Here or Here
Track 02] Here or Here
Track 03] Here or Here
Track 04] Here or Here
Track 05] Here or Here
Track 06] Here or Here
Track 07] Here or Here
Track 08] Here or Here
Track 09] Here or Here
Track 10] Here or Here
Track 11] Here or Here
Track 12] Here or Here
Track 13] Here or Here
Track 14] Here or Here
Track 15] Here or Here

Alternative Link - one part in rar file Rapidshare] Here
================


Tags::::::

Labels:

- Link for this post -

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a star! Cheers mate. I hear what you're saying about the Karl thing and am also renewing my acquaintance with the XFM shows. But Karl is funnier than Ricky or Steve in my book so anything that gives him more attention, airtime is alright by me. What i love about the old XFM shows is how you see it dawning on R&S that they couldn't possibly top some of the stuff Karl comes out with - and for Ricky its like he's discovered some lost tribe or something. Missing link, perhaps. Anyhow, even if its 'same old', it'll still probably be more entertaining than anything you can find on the telly.

Thanks again.

P in the 'Hole

9/25/2008 06:30:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

yep. I just finished listening to this lot and it really had me in stitches...fuckin' giggling like a schoolgirl I was..heh.
Yet I still thought at times how it would be a bit better if they had done something more than the whole show asking Karl questions.
I agree though - Karl is funnier than they are. Yet when Karl wasn't the main actor it was funnier still, when they did the show and he was always there throwing in comments and answering their questions. It was a better structure I reckon.
what do I know about radio show 'structure' anyway hehe I talk some shit...

9/25/2008 08:24:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was even so keen to get this that i've gone through the whole rigmarole of getting the separate tracks from (ferchrissakes) megaupload. But beggars definitely can't be. Thanks again.

Did you have a listen to that Skippy EP yet (talking of laffs)??

Px

9/25/2008 09:02:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hehe..oh the difficulties of downloading single tracks from Megaupload...haha. Well at least you got it in the end.
Erm, I haven't gotten around to the Skippy thing yet..if I haven't been spending hours just laying in friggin bed all day then I have been on the PC just to grab TV shows and go through e-mails and other crap.
To be honest I forgot!
I will listen to it now!

9/25/2008 10:37:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got through listening to the RG with my son. My how we laughed. Especially the germ and the bar of chocolate :-@

As for other stuff - in your own time. Good to see you kind of functioning tho. Things have been worse, thats for sure.

Thanks again.

Px

9/25/2008 11:23:00 pm  
Anonymous Jim said...

'I would have loved it if they had brought out some of these shows where Ricky and Stephen talked about something and maybe had a bit of a comedy debate...the big topics, religion, science, immortality etc. etc'

Have you listened to 'The Ricky Gervais Guide to...' audio series? Its five episodes covering 'Medicine' 'Natural History' 'The Arts' 'Philosophy'and 'The English'.

Quite hard to find on the internet so i've had to downloada few from iTunes.

Philosophy is my favourite.
Well worth the cash :D

I think the are bringing a new series this year sometime. Cannot wait.

Thanks for sharin the bonus disk.

-JiM-

7/28/2009 11:12:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home