Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Friday, June 05, 2009

GONG - 1995 - 25th Birthday Party (Exclusive!)



Hello hello hello.
It's been a while I know. A hospital appointment here and there and then a trip to the theatre (which was the first time in my life!) to see Carmen the Opera which was a mind blowing experience indeed.
I thought I might be nodding off but after about a minute or so of being there I was loving it.
I'm now planning to see many operas. You may, like me, think opera...naaaa. but you must give it a chance!!!



The whole theatre experience just washed over me and I really got into it.
Anyway today I bring you yet another GONG piece of work but this one is pretty special and was sent to me by a kind guy on another site.
I just have to share it and can tell you it's really good. they play well!
I suspect they probably always play well but this time they play exceptionally well!
Heh.



OK the boring stuff then...

DISC ONE
Artist : Gong
Album : The Birthday Party - 25th Anniversary (Disc 1)
Year : 1995
Genre : Psychedelic Rock

T R A C K L I S T I N G
1. Thorn Intro (1:18)
2. Floating Into A Birthday Gig (5:39)
3. You Can't Kill Me (6:20)
4. Radio Gnome 25 (7:11)
5. I Am Your Pussy (4:56)
6. Pot Head Pixies (2:54)
7. Never Glid Before (5:47)
8. Sad Street (6:28)
9. Eat That Phonebook (3:27)
10. Gnomic Address (1:36)
11. Flute Salad (2:32)
12. Oily Way (3:26)
13. Outer Temple - Inner Temple (5:25)
14. She Is The Great Goddess (3:05)
15. IAOM Riff (7:35)


Duration : 67:46

Total Size : 128.3 MB

DISC TWO
T R A C K L I S T I N G

1. Clouds Again ( 9:57)
2. Tri-Cycle Gliss (10:51)
3. Get A Dinner ( 2:03)
4. Zero Where Are You? ( 1:29)
5. Be Who You Are My Friends ( 2:33)
6. It's The World Of Illusion ( 3:00)
7. Why Don't You Try ( 2:19)
8. I Am You ( 6:37)
9. Introducing The Musicians ( 3:04)


Duration : 41:56

Total Size : 78.9 MB



So yeah total size of the download is about 214Mb in three split rar files.
I said exclusive in the title opf this post as I can't seem to find this anywhere else online. Well, apart from itunes or somewhere of course. :)



LINKS:
Remember - Files are in Rar archives~ Using Winrar, Winrar Software Here
Howto Download From Megaupload
Howto Download From Rapidshare



Split Rar Archives] Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.
================
Split Rars Alternative 1] Part 1, Part 2 Part 3.
================
================

A bloody good album and I hope you enjoy it.

Tags::::::

Labels: , ,

- Link for this post -

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you very much. looking forward
to trying this - steve.

6/05/2009 09:57:00 pm  
Anonymous Richard said...

Never seen this one online before either - I'm just gonna roll me a blunt to get in the mood and enjoy this immensely.

:-)

R

6/06/2009 01:10:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hey, hope you both enjoy it. I was listening to it over and over today. Put me in a really nice place after having a lot of pain this week...and I second that plan Richard. I did the same...some lovely, and also rare in these parts, Thai weed. The music goes so well together with it.
HitMeWithIt

6/06/2009 03:34:00 am  
Blogger pokerface said...

Cheers for the 25th GONG gig concert thingy, i guess you will be going to see them when they tour again later this year , as they are back on top form with 5 out of 7 original members, if they play as well this year as last years tour im sure we shall be in a for a treat

6/06/2009 09:00:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hey pokerface I am going to see them in Brighton, the corn exchange, which seems to seat about 350 people only. So this is going to be just amazing...Steve Hillage too, my absolute TOP GUITAR HERO!
I can't wait. It's in November and will be only my second ever concert believe it or not.! I mean to se any band not just Gong! Health is the usual cause..
This gig of theirs in Brighton really does sound a bit special, such a small venue and, like you said, the band members...it's well...I just can't wait!!! Hehe!

6/06/2009 09:29:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks
Sounds Great.
`Will see them in Blackpool and Manchester later this year.
Cheers.
DLP.

6/13/2009 10:01:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for this, I have had trouble finding it as well.

1/28/2011 03:44:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home