Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Afghan Whigs - Gentlemen


Throw them in the bin

Ok so I fucked up once again..
Afghan Whigs.
This is NOT the album or band I had chosen for today. In fact, until I checked the requests here I'd never heard of these pretentious hollow 'berks'(!)
Yes that's right. I think they suck. Come on! I was reading the MTV site Bio of the band and it mentioned that - don't quote me here - 'despite their greatness they had not made it mainstream' - I have absolutely no doubt why that would be:
It's probably because they are shit. Shallow and shit. Shit and shallow.
Are they shit because they are shallow? Or are they shallow because they are shit? Maybe they are just shit and its incidental that they happen to be shallow.
Good name for their next album though eh..Shit and Shallow.
These guys made a grave mistake when they smoked too much grass one night and came up with the 'urr..amazing' name: Afghan Whigs. Wow. Cool.
Fuck me that is original.
Original it might be however the lyrical ability is so poor that it makes the songs from 'Chitty-chitty Bang-Bang' sound like Keats or Byron.
Here is a choice extraction from the album:

'Ladies, let me tell you about myself
I got a dick for a brain
And my brain is gonna sell my ass to you
Now I'm OK, but in time I'll find I'm stuck
'Cause she wants love, and I still want to fuck
Now that I'm ashamed, it burns
But the weight is off
Now that you're out of the way
I turn and I can walk
You showed no sympathy, my love
And this was no place for you and me to walk alone'


Impressed?
Really?
All that psuedo-eastern-islamic-hippy-hash-inspired-desert-lets-all-get-stoned-and-rock sound is a bit dated isn't it? This band does it a little differently, they try to add some harshness and heavy rock into the mix too. It doesn't work of course.
A pity because some of the guitar riffs are pretty catchy and, in the right hands could be meaningful and enjoyable!

Music never gets dated I suppose, not if it's good.
It's just not fucking good is what I'm trying to say!
It isn't helped by the fact that the lead singer seems to be convinced that he sounds like Jim Morrison. That growling yell that feigns passion yet projects pretention. He is a prick and I hate him already.
Don't even know what he looks like.
Don't have to.
I bet he dribbles.

Yep. It's Rubbish

======part 1======
[RS]
3496317
pretentious.rar
================

Maybe tomorrow will bring something nice.
Did I just say that word?
Shit..
- Link for this post -

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey pal NICE site you have there!

You 're nice too probably

What a pretencious piece of shit!!

God!

Nothing wrong with the Whigs, better check yourself..

Mainstream?

Ha ha ha ha ah ha ha ha ah ah ha

FUGLY LOSER!!!

7/30/2005 09:57:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

God I hate the unwashed and uneducated. Tiresome fools.

7/30/2005 11:21:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK I see why it's hard to be you then..........

And take that chip of your shoulder.

Monkey!

7/31/2005 07:13:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, maybe it does sound "tired" and "dated" - it's from 1993, moron.
The fact you run what is supposed to be a music site and you'd never heard of the Afghan Whigs before shows what a jerkoff you are!
hehehehehehehehe!

7/31/2005 12:22:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Is this a competition?
Who knows the most bands?
Ner-ner-ner-ner-neeer. You win.
Next!

7/31/2005 04:25:00 pm  
Blogger Tan[g]kap Accent said...

the singer's name is greg duli...

at least the afgan wings are better than travis

8/01/2005 02:16:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Travis & 'The Whigs'?
A difficult call.. I say it's too close: They both suck.

8/01/2005 11:36:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you think the Whigs suck so much why post their album? I think tools like you are the reason why bands like 3 Doors Down and Nickelback are so popular today. The Afghan Whigs were a different band yes, but I bet they didn't suck as bad as you would if you had a band.

8/02/2005 04:31:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your shallow and shit!

8/02/2005 04:48:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

If you could read you would know why I post all albums I post. As for the nickelback statement, only god knows what you base that random crap on! Don't get confused, I nevere said they were shit because they weren't mainstream, I was just making the point from the mtv site. Don't jump to the retarded conclusion that I only like mainstream stuff. Try looking at the bands I already posted.
Fuckin' retarded git. Go and listen to erm...'The Whigs' if it makes you happy.

8/02/2005 06:44:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice site- last song on the album is worth a listen. Much better than music today- much, much.

8/30/2008 12:04:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home