Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The Shins - Oh Inverted World



Ok. Now I listened to this today for the first time and wanted to hurry to get it up here for you.
What to say?
I like it.
I can't for the life of me think of who it is that the lead singers voice reminds me of. Damnit. You know how it is..when it's on the tip of your tongue but...damn damn damn!
The music is pretty mellow. Nice, relaxing summery-feel-good music. It has all the right components and they all go together to produce a highly listenable, peaceful and professional album.
A reminder of the sixties is in there somewhere. Some basic twelve-bar blues in a kind of psychedelic style in there too. Some great drumming and lots of guitars. Even some hints of a slight trip back to the eighties in there somewhere too...and could it be Robert Smith of The Cure that I am being reminded of here..?
Could be, could be.
I need to hear the album at least thrice before I say for sure!


I can't slag them off.
Nope.
Very good. Might even have managed to mellow me out!
For a day anyway.
Back tomorrow with some real angst!


Oh yeah -DOWNLOAD THIS NOW!

NEW LINKS AS OF FEB' 2006


======one part only======
SHINS
================

Enjoy.
- Link for this post -

2 Comments:

Blogger JDS said...

Excellent choice. Particularly love the last track "the Past And The Pending".

Their second album "Chutes Too Narrow" possibly even better.

http://suddenlylastsummer.blogspot.com/

7/12/2005 09:31:00 pm  
Blogger Karsten said...

Wow. I bought that album a couple of days ago, and listened to it for the first time yesterday as well... Cosmic!

7/13/2005 09:00:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home