Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

XTC - Black Sea [Remastered] + Bonus Tracks [1980]

The Beautiful Dartmoor, Devon, England.
Hello my friends. So here we are, no more Bowie BBC sessions.
It is with a heavy heart and a pessimistic outlook I bring you today's offering, requested by some idiot: XTC.
Now I must admit: I was actually worrying earlier(as I watched series 2 of 24..Great isn't it?) that I would not be able to write anything about this unclassifiable band.
The problem I have is this -Usually when I hear some music there is a reaction. This can be one of many human emotions or feelings of relaxation, stress release, humour, anger, melancholy, contempt, elevation, positivity, negativity etc etc.
You get the idea right.
XTC however..

When I listen to them I get...


...Nothing.

...A void is created in my psyche.

I feel absolutely nothing. It's almost as if they are so lacking in any kind of inspiring effects on the mind that this is manifested in me via a complete non-reaction!
So there you have it. I tried to figure out a way of reviewing this drab band. Believe me I wanted to. There is nothing I can say about them. They have made me realise that there is music out there that can stop you in your tracks without it actually being any good.

If you want to know about the band in general..Well they sound like a drum machine coming from a casio keyboard. They range between a kind of 'mod' sound through to a ska/reggae sound which occasionally reminds me of UB40, in a negative way I might add. They use electric guitars to abusive levels without conveying any kind of expression or emotion. That is it. They are emotion-less.

Making fucking plans for nigel: Everyone will agree it is an irritating and stupid song. Well folks let that one song be your guide to the complete discography of XTC.
Fuck Nigel!
They are, in basic terms -shit.



LINKS:


======part 1======
[RS]
3937994
Demotape_wav.part1.rar
================

======part 2======
[RS]
3938497
Demotape_wav.part2.rar
================
The Beautiful Dartmoor, Devon, England.
Now. If anyone wants to request something I can at least love or hate. It would make for a more interesting day tomorrow around here.
I will not even recommend you download this one!
Well ok then, see how dull it is for yourself...You might even like it!
- Link for this post -

6 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

haha. Great review. never heard them, and from what i just read, never want to. thanks.

8/13/2005 07:48:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

But...they're great! honest!
:P

8/13/2005 09:04:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well.. I was happy to see you'd put this up.. I had a vinyl copy of this when it came out and moved to Oz in the mid-80's leaving all my vinyl behind *sobs uncontrollably* and have spent the time since trying to track down shitloads of stuff I wish I still had. At the time it sounded great - quirky herky-jerky pop with a satirical edge, but you're right not much really in the heavily emotive department.. think they were always regarded as left-field/new-wave/clever-pop by the media.. does it still sound good to me?.. well, yeah but I realise that's prolly a large chunk of nostalgia.. y'know that strange way that a song can instantly bring memories and feelings to the surface of when/where the track was imprinted in the crystals of your consciousness... would it sound good if I'd never heard it before, and it was new?.. prolly not... you also put the caravan stuff up.. another coupla tracks there from my past.. and dead right! I grew up around Canterbury, and all those guys were a 'scene'.. like your comments in the black grape post re the Experience(s).. sooo true.. if you put any more xtc up could you possibly include 'skylarking'... I've got a pre-recorded cassette version of it.. remember them?.. tapes, sounded sitty and got worse over time.. ahhh.. the kids today.. digital bliss.. it's all clean.. no hiss... hahaha
anyway thanks for all your efforts..

8/14/2005 06:50:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to love this band when i was younger. I must admit it sounds a bit dated now. Thanks for this.

8/14/2005 08:29:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do u have kaiser chiefs' employment album?? pls feature. thanks for this anyway.

8/14/2005 10:57:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hey _subeast_. Thanks for the comment mate. I enjoyed reading it. I do know what you mean. I think everyone has some band or tracks that they'd probably not tell their friends about but when they hear it, they enjoy it and mostly because of hwo it used to sound. Back when it was fashionable or new. You build memories every day of your life and you always build memories around music. You remember what you were listening to on the radio when you drove into a lampost as much as you remember what music you used to 'do it' to with your first girlfriend. Those songs may sound totally shit now but that doesn't stop us wanting to hear them again.
aah memory. The brain is a wonderful thing.
:)


Kaiser chiefs?
who are they then?
Not some crappy little rich kids band that try to copy the sound of the eighties are they?

8/14/2005 06:28:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home