Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Wim Mertens - Shot & Echo CD1 [2004]

Frida Kahlo ...amazing artist. Click for more of her work.

Someone requested this and then another visitor sent it to me. Unfortunately we only have CD1 and this is a double CD release. I have tried to find it but haven't managed it YET. If you have it let me know of course and I will put it up here!
Click for more about the artist, Raoul Hausmann..
What a difficult CD to talk about! I will start by saying I didn't know what to put in the 'Genre' section of the tags..so I left it blank. The music, when you hear it, will explain this. It is classical but some of it is quite bizarre and reminds me of some kind of camp/theatrical sideshow music. It is dark and melancholy in places and other pieces have a jollity about them that borders on the irritating. The music is very heavily layered with trumpets and Double Bass and lots of great piano. You can hear everything from Saxaphone to clarinet and more I am sure.
Do I like it? It is hard to say.
It is fascinatingly different and interesting with all the arrangements and soundscapes they produce. Some of it is the most peaceful and relaxing music I have heard ... yes, I do like it!
I don't think it is an album I will be playing very often yet I do like some of the tracks...a lot.
There is one track for instance: '03 - Watch Over Me' and it has a repetitive background of trumpets and possibly clarinets(not too sure) then it builds on that by layering piano and more instruments until it has become much more than the sum of its parts and you now find it has taken over your brain! It's a stunning piece of music without a doubt. There are some more on this that are just as good too.
I have a feeling this will be a 'grower'.
See what you think.
Oh and the first couple of tracks did put me off, it was only the next few that made me sit up and take notice so don't ditch it after hearing tracks 1 and 2 will you!

I just decided on the Genre: Contemporary Classic.

LINKS:


======part 1======
[RS]
5800909
holiday_videoclips.part1.rar
================

======part 2======
[RS]
5802100
holiday_videoclips.part2.rar
================
================

UPDATE: I really am liking this album after having listened to it quite a lot over the weekend!
I found another of his albums too so I'll post that up very soon!
Frida Kahlo ...amazing artist. Click for more of her work.
Tags::::::
- Link for this post -

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one sounds different from other Wim Mertens albums that I've heard. Not bad at all, however. Will be grateful if you do manage to find or if someone sends you CD2. :) Thanks! :)

10/07/2005 09:43:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

I agree. I know it's shit only having CD1 but hoping someone will come through with the rest!
cheers.

10/07/2005 11:13:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

We now have the FULL album. I might just go ahead and do a new post of the complete album so you can call this post a refresher. Mind you, for those with modems who don't want to be downloading the first CD all over again, I'll seperate it into two CDs for you!
Coming soon.

10/09/2005 08:51:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home