Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Friday, September 21, 2007

David Gilmour - Paramount Theater, Oakland. 04-16-06 [BL]



Well, I really hope I didn't let you down as far as the ol' Theme Time Radio Hour goes. It has spurned me into getting this site back to some kind of place worth visiting more than once a year.
I'd like to share this great bootleg with you next.
I don't know much about it as I only just got a hold of it but, as usual when David Gilmour plays, it is a brilliant performance.
Did you see the show on BBC last week??
It was Sometime in 2007, Live at the Royal Albert Hall. Incredible stuff. I actually shed a tear due to the emotive power of the friggin' music!
I kid you not!
Amazing.
In fact if you don't mind downloading a video (499Mb Avi File) I will gladly upload and share that here.
Comments?
Anyway, the audio on this bootleg could be better and it is a lowly 80K bitrate (Before you get all snobby on me, LISTEN to it and then slag it off if you still think it deserves it)! It isn't as bad as it sounds (that sounds wrong but I know what I mean!). Sometimes low grade recordings can sound the same in high bitrate as they do in lower bitrates. I think that is the case here, so the encoder decided to go with 80K. Sounds fine to me and I AM picky and snobby about quality so let that be a guide for you. erm but do read on, please. :)
OK let me tell you: The main thing that I do find wrong with it is just the damn levels. It is not very loud!!
Turn it up it's ok obviously but still, I am trying to locate a better one. You still should hear the show and as I already scoured a few places, this is seemingly the only version around for now. I plan to locate the original FLAc files if there are any, then I can create 320K MP3 for you!!

As usual his rendition of the great classics such as Wish You Were Here(with his inimitable whining over the guitar solo!) are spot on, perfect.
He does Shine On with a crystal clarity that spins me out of orbit. the guy is just too good to put into mere words. he creates such a feeling of calm. He is the embodiment of calm I reckon.
Maybe it's a spiritual thing.
D'you think he might be the second coming of Christ perhaps?
Naa, I know, he is the first coming.
The arrival of the only true Messiah we have ever seen.
Here he is, here already and no one 'cept a few stoned hippies have bothered to notice him.
Well we can change all that right now.
Start by listening to his sermon..Ie, this bootleg.
You will be converted instantly.


LINKS:
Remember - Files are in Rar archives~ Info Here
Single Rar Archive] Click or Click
================
Single Rar Alternative 1] Click or Click
================
Single Rar Alternative 2] Click or Click
================
Need Winrar?
================

Like I said, it's a bit quiet but I have now decided to source a top quality copy just for you. (and me..hehe)
Watch for something completely different tomorrow. ;)

Tags::::::

Labels: , , ,

- Link for this post -

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the download, much appreciated. Already downloaded the BBC thing, it was OK so I bought the double DVD, now that was a show, worth the 30 Canadian I paid for it.
Keep up the great work.

Jeff

9/22/2007 06:26:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hope you enjoy the bootleg. MmmmMMM a nice double DVD you say?
Maybe I should be asking the Christmas fairy (or whatever they call it these days..heh) for that this year. I was so moved by the show on TV recently.
I just finished downloading about 3 more live shows of his now. One is a DVD, not sure where or what but it looks recent..maybe 2005 or 06.
He's some musician eh.

9/23/2007 02:32:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hey Jeff...have you seen the bootleg of Gilmour playing in Paris 2002...filmed from the front row, lots of good acoustic tracks. Opens with Shine on fully acoustic guitar..watching it now and it's the best.

9/26/2007 01:27:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Didn't see it, must have not stumbled on it while surfing. I have the Meltdown DVD which was the England Acoustic of the same period. Guess I will have to search it out.

Thanks,

Jeff

P.S. BTW you still have a great site.

9/26/2007 06:03:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

I just got the Meltdown one too.
Re: the paris 2002 show, As I type I have fair use wizard(hopefully) creating a good quality Xvid avi file of it for uploading here. I might just upload the whole DVD but it's a bit of a big job...
Really was an experience watching it though, might watch it again today.
Great site...? Well dunno about that but if you say so. Hehe.

9/26/2007 03:19:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on, 20 CD Hendrix set, still loving it. Only thing to match is the 15 CD Zappa Spoken word set I got elsewhere. The Bluestown blog is great too. Sent you a small donation instead of Rapidshare this month. Just a token thank you for what you do.

Jeff

9/26/2007 08:03:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ojla, any chance for that video (499Mb Avi File) .Great blog, keep on rockin....

9/27/2007 03:16:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

OK anonymous....I am upping a lot of dylan Radio shows today but after that I will do as you asked and upload the video for this David Gilmour show. then, a real super-treat! I will upload the video I just made of the Paris 2002 show which is soooo good, recorded from a front row seat and it's almost as good as being there.
(almost)
So that will be upped after the first video. the paris one is 700Mb though but worth the download.
Cheers for your input!

9/27/2007 03:38:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi me again,

Just thought you'd like to know, got the 3 CD Pipers Anniversary for $14.00 Canadian today (Best Buy screw up). Great to listen again to the original mono version.
Can't wait for your video.

Jeff

9/27/2007 11:29:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Nice buy Jeff. Wanna upload it somewhere for us all...?
Hehe. If you like then let me know...if you upload it just for us here then can you Winrar it with the usual password of
MP3@3pm
If you're not familiar with all that stuff no bother, just thought I'd ask!
The first of two videos has just finished uploading...my measly 28K upload speed took all night to do it and that is the 499Mb one. So the really REALLY good one of Paris might take almost double the time.
Worth waiting for though eh.
Cheers

9/28/2007 10:11:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home