Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Jimi Hendrix - LA Without the Words (Outtakes 1969-70) [Bootleg (ATM 006)]


Tis' me.
Shit.
It'll soon be Christmas.
What the fuck is Christmas anyway?
What does it mean to anyone?
I look forward to the day we decide to cut all of the bullshit and just go right ahead and rename it to 'Capitalists celebration week' or 'the Get fat and spend your cash holidays'. I know, if I took a bit more time I could come up with something a bit snappier but you get the general idea: Christmas?
Baby Jesus?
A manger?
People 'pretending' like they care about more than how much cash their mates spent on the present they gave them, was it as expensive as the one you got them?
People stop being selfish for one day?
(I doubt most can even manage that).
Who really believes there is a 'spiritual' side to Christmas?
Heh.
I like the old Santa idea but that has gone shite too these days as far as I can see. Kids are growing up so fast with their media-bombarded 'I want-I want-I want' brains that they quickly forget Santa and start wanting as much as they can get out of the whole holiday. You give them some gift or other and you can almost hear their brains thinking...'how much did this cost, this isn't what I wanted, I wanted a triple super fucked up brain dead games console just like everyone else hasn't really got but the media tells me they have!'
To think I used to be happy with a good Christmas dinner and a few things in me Christmas stocking.
Maybe that is a romanticised pile of bullshit too. I can't remember..
I think I'm getting old: I hate Christmas.
By the way, do all holidays have to start with a CAPITAL LETTER or is it, as I suspect, solely due to the religiousness of it?
Bollocks.


Well let's move on class.
Try to keep up.




ATM number 006
LA without The Words


You most likely, if you have half a heart for Hendrix music, have seen this around or heard of it or heard it play! Well now you can replace that old 128k set with this one. (If you have the FLAC files then ignore that last remark!).
Is it any good? Hmm. I could say OF COURSE IT MUST BE as it is Hendrix we are talking of here but you probably want a little more than that right.
Like the title suggests, this is an instrumental (though not entirely) CD's worth of tracks. There are some blinding tracks on there too. There is a track called 'Beginnings', I recommend it!
Then you have 'The Things I used to Do' which is a cool blues song, just that basic old 12-bar blues and Hendrix really knows how to make it work. Some of his brilliant and almost raging guitar work on 'Lover Man' too which has to be heard.
Overall, this is a very blues album.
One of my favourites again(!) and it's a nice part of the Hendrix catalogue to hear such basic blues being played so well...the guy breathed it.
It just reminds you of how there was no need for playing with the teeth and all that shit, just give him some blues backing and let him go.
Have a listen.

Covers included.


Tracklist
1. Ezy Rider ( 3:55)
2. Valleys Of Neptune ( 3:54)
3. Bolero ( 6:02)
4. Beginnings ( 5:37)
5. The Things I Used To Do ( 7:01)
6. Lover Man ( 5:42)
7. Midnight Lightning ( 4:25)
8. Peace In Mississippi ( 7:22)
9. Lord I Sing The Blues For Me And You (10:34)
10. Dancing Blues ( 9:39)



LINKS:
Remember - Files are in Rar archives~ Info Here, Winrar Software Here

Split Rar Archives] Part 1, Part 2 or Part 1, Part 2.
================
Split Rars Alternative 1] Mirrors are provided on request!
================


Tags::::::

Labels: , , ,

- Link for this post -

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big Thanks for your great hendrix posts! I love hear him playing the blues! A

11/02/2007 12:57:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

You are MOST welcome my friend!!! Keep watching there's a plenty more where that came from!

11/02/2007 10:23:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys! This is really a must-have. One of the best out there. It is strongly recommended to download! :) A

11/07/2007 02:24:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great music,great sound.

12/25/2007 01:39:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home