Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Friday, June 17, 2005

Bowie - Heathen

Here I go again.
Choosing a great album to offer up.
Taking the easy route? no. just trying to give you some nice tunes and maybe affect your miserable little lives in a way you couldn't even comprehend. (until you'd heard 'Gong' that is)
So, onward!

Bowie - Heathen
From the opening track, 'Sunday', which is Bowie doing mellow. When Bowie does mellow, you get relaxed. Next up is 'Cactus' which is the track on this one that most reminds me of the Bowie of oldtime. The music sounds almost dated without sounding like a rehash of his or anyone else's stuff. It is instantly recognizable as a cool Bowie track, that's all I'm trying to say.
'Slip Away' is the next track and this one has it all. Starts off in the Bowie mellow mode then, just as you are accepting the atmosphere he has created for you, you are lifted up into a chorus which just oozes philosophical and life-affirming wisdom. ~Makes you go a bit silly and you get flashbacks of past girlfriends, jobs, places, mistakes and successes, lives even(for the freaks reading this).
I love this song.
Next Track (wait a minute, I won't be reviewing every damn track on every friggin' album! bollocks to that!) is 'Slow Burn' which is pretty uneventful in my opinion. Nothing much here. Best part being Bowies voice fading out and the way he sings out the title. That sounds great. But! Album filler. Next!..
'Afraid' is track 05 and hmm. I am not inspired by this one too much although I will say it has that magic spell that only Bowie can put on a person. Therefore it has something. I just don't know what!
'I've Been Waiting For You' starts off promisingly with some wailing guitars then drops into a verse that reminds me of a million eighties bands.
Again, It did grow on me as part of the whole but, on its own, this is Album filler.
'I Would Be Your Slave' ..everyone knows this I'm sure. It's had a lot of airplay and I can't fault it. I actually love the song. Still got that underlying eighties beat and feel; to it but hey..look around you. Seems to me that the eighties are coming back already!
At least this track isn't a rip-off of another decade.(Oasis!!)
It is a truly original piece of music. The verses are melancholic and surrounded by the very uplifting chorus, which is Bowie all over. Good track!!
Track 08, I Took A Trip On A Gemini Spacecraft. Not sure with this one. I can't work out what genre this is trying to be, if any. It's very dancey, spacey and even trippy but it smacks of eighties again along with Bowie's voice which makes it just, kind of weird. I don't like it much.
[5.15] The Angels Have Gone - Track 09.
Starts off like one of those relaxation Cds they play in Acupuncture and Aromatherapy places! The 'ethnic' drumbeat repeating slowly with 'voices' layered over it.
When Bowies voice cuts in and drags the whole thing into the area of pseudo rock, you find yourself wondering what can happen next. Then the chorus comes out of nowhere, two lines and you land right back into the acupuncture room.
Is it good?
Of course it is you fool. It's David Bloody Bowie!
There are more tracks but I can't be arsed to write about them. It's late, I had some pretty bad news today and I need some sleep. Mind you, 'Everyone Says HI' is a lovely track. You find yourself singing it hours after you heard it. One of those songs that, if you were to hear it before you leave the house in the morning, you'd still be singing it in your head by the end of the day. That is classic. An instant classic.
Ok thats enough!
Seems no one reads this already anyway!
If so, post a comment so that I know you are human?

LINKS
10Mb parts to help out modem users!
=======part 1=======
[RS]
2433213
etahen.part01.rar
==================
=======part 2=======
[RS]
2433268
etahen.part02.rar
==================
=======part 3=======
[RS]
2433349
etahen.part03.rar
==================
=======part 4=======
[RS]
2433467
etahen.part04.rar
==================
=======part 5=======
[RS]
2433503
etahen.part05.rar
==================
=======part 6=======
[RS]
2433636
etahen.part06.rar
==================
=======part 7=======
[RS]
2433664
etahen.part07.rar
==================
=======part 8=======
[RS]
2433687
etahen.part08.rar
==================
=======part 9=======
[RS]
2433789
etahen.part09.rar
==================
=======part 10======
[RS]
2433725
etahen.part10.rar
==================

Let me just add that the MP3 Tagging software #2 I gave you below, is one of the best I have used! They weren't lying! It has been able to complete any task I have required it to do so far.
Only a couple of program tests into my 'quest for the best' and already I have a strong contender?!

If you didn't give it a test run then go and download it now. You will thank me I promise.
- Link for this post -

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the password here is mp33pm.tk
thanks for the music!
If you have it, could you post "young americans" still by bowie??? cheers!
T.

6/22/2005 02:07:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

I will post more bowie in about 1 week from today. I have some other stuff lined up before that :)

6/23/2005 12:29:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home