Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Friday, June 17, 2005

Caesars - Paper Tigers

Caesars

When I first became aware of this band after seeing a reference to them on another website my first thought was OH NO not that fuckin' advertising campaign song that I can't seem to get away from. Shit. That bastard crazy frog is enough to deal with. God I HATE advertising.
Not to be judgmental I decided to have a listen and I am glad I did.
They are one of the most original sounding bands to have surfaced lately and, apart from the odd reminder of an Oasis song(not good), they produce just the right kind of tunes to be listening to during this somewhat erratic summer. I have just spent an hour or so lazing on the grass by my house with Paper Tigers playing. Perfect.
Not much more I can add. Just listen to it and see for yourself.

LINKS:
No longer available.
================

There is so much music I just accquired that I can't seem to get it uploaded fast enough. I need faster broadband.
Just be satisfied there are plenty of cool albums lined up including some brilliant Hendrix, Steve Harley, more David Bowie and some excellent Live Morrissey as well as Pink floyd, Bob Marley and a smattering of new stuff when I get around to listening to it all.
Tomorrow is Ricky Gervais and Co on XFM London radio so I will be spending a bit of time relaxing to that and then encoding it to upload. Hopefully it will elicit a better response than -it sounds like a can of wasps..
- Link for this post -

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eek! .... I do worry about your taste in music, young man! This really is the most derivative album I've heard in ages. It sounds just like all those other American bands that try to cross the corporate divide - indie music for Radio 2 listeners!

Thought Bowie was a good choice, but doesn't everyone already own that? Am very concerned by the list of old albums you intend to put online. There is so much good new music out there, why waste time listening to fogey music?

6/18/2005 03:55:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Thanks for the input. Don't get too concerned, life isn't worth it. As for fogey albums: Fuck off! Not everyone owns every album! How narrow minded are you trying to be here?
There are a million blogs giving you the latest this and that. If thats what you want then I'm sure you know where to find them.
There are too many people who have never even heard of GONG. dont own any Bowie albums and would never thibnk of trying a listen of Caesars or any other new band.
Fogey music..
Duurrhh!

6/18/2005 06:02:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Oh yeah I meant to add. Fuck nerdy musical geekry and snobbery. derivative? Indie music for radio 2 listeners?
Pleeease.
Open your eyes and you might actually see something.

6/18/2005 06:08:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have to agree with you as too many people shut their minds to the music of the past. However, I thought "indie music for radio 2 listeners" was quite witty.

6/20/2005 01:06:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Yeah, me too!

6/20/2005 02:07:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home