Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Má Vlast (My Country), Bedrich Smetana


Meet Tigger. The funniest faced cat I've seen!

Todays choice might come as a surprise to you.
It might not.
Who cares. Not me.
I have recently accquired the complete BBC live sets of David Bowie. That is, everything he ever did on the BBC radio shows like 'Sounds of the Seventies', John Peel, etc. but that isn't being uploaded today as I don't want the site turning into a Bowie shrine or something.
This is supposed to widen your musical horizons and one artist isn't going to do that right?

So you will now have a very pleasant piece of music to download. I recommend playing it whilst driving, in the bath or even playing croquet on the lawn whilst drinking pimms, just before mummy calls you for cucumber and salmon sandwiches if you like.
I already gave you one piece from this and now I finally bring you the rest of it.
Yep, it's classical I'm afraid. Not indie. Not rock. Classical. But brilliant.
This has the capability to take you places you never knew existed, much less that you could actually go there..and all just by sitting back and letting the music carry you. No effort is required on your part.
That's enough bollocks from me. I'll let the music tell you the rest.
I almost forgot to tell you to download it so here goes..
Download this now. Even if you supposedly 'hate' classical music. Aren't you even the slightest bit curious about all those people that love it? Why do they like it? What can they possibly be getting from it?
Well listen to this and you will be close to finding out.
You can always delete it afterwards and tell me what a lying tosser I am but don't dismiss it offhand or you are more of a fool than I thought you were.

You really are well advised to read this page
which is great and talks you through each piece of music, informing you of the meanings behind it in the composers own words...


I mentioned when I posted 'Vltava' or 'The Moldau', that it was the story of a river and depicts the journey of the water and the country around it. Well here is the composers own breakdown of the music, taken from the above website:

'...the composition depicts the course of the river from its beginning, where two brooks, one cold the other warm, join in a stream that runs through forests and meadows; and the lovely countryside where merry feasts and gay festivals are being celebrated; by the light of the moon a dance of water nymphs; on the nearby cliffs proud castles, mansions and ruins rise up; the Vltava swirls in the St. John rapids, flows in a broad stream as far as Prague, passes Vysehrad and disappears into the distance where it unite with the Elbe...'

In the score, Smetana made some additional notes indicating the course of the river as it winds its way southward from the Sumava Mountains, through central Bohemia and Prague to unite with the Elbe at Melnik. The piece can be divided into eight episodes:

1.First and second sources flowing into the Vltava itself.
2.Forest and hunting.
3.Rustic village wedding.
4.Moonlight and dance of water sprites or nymphs.
5.Vltava returns.
6.St. John rapids.
7.Vltava flows in broad stream.
8.Vltava salutes Vysehrad and flows by.



I can just see you indie kids falling asleep by now or reminding yourself never to check the music on this site again. That's fine. If you want to stay blinkered all your life then go on...fuck off and that goes out especially to the retards who attempted to put me in my place with their misspelt insults about 'the whigs'..
Hmm.
To everyone else: This is highly recommended and I know very little about classical music but I like to think I know good music and this definitely falls into that category.

LINKS:

========Part1=======
[RS]
3522687
mycountry.part1.rar
===================

=======Part2========
[RS]
3523035
mycountry.part2.rar
===================


I just know you will enjoy this.
More bootlegs and rare stuff coming soon!

I just disabled comments on this page as I keep getting spam shite from some prick that seems to be using an auto posting bot to spam blogs. When will blogger sort this shit out!!!?
- Link for this post -

7 Comments:

Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

Hi there, Thanks for the comments. Gillian is fantastic -- love your blog by the way.

cheers

8/01/2005 07:02:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

She sure is. Some of the other stuff you had on there too..Luna is another I liked. The whol eplaylist was great though.

8/01/2005 08:08:00 am  
Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

Your now linked!

8/01/2005 10:11:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one ugly ginger pussy. Music and insults..It's a winning combination you have.

8/01/2005 04:50:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hey please don't pick on Tigger. Hew is now deceased and was a very fine fellow.
:)

8/02/2005 11:34:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the cat. Thanks for the music and wittism.

8/03/2005 04:53:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

hehe. Don't worry he's been dead so long I doub't there's much of him left so he won't be offended.
Thanks for the feedback.

8/05/2005 09:44:00 am  

<< Home