Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Cajun / Zydeco / Swamp Blues / Bayou music starts here...



Hello again.
Something different?
ZYDECO.
Yep, that's what I said.
Cajun, Bayou swamp, Zydeco..call it what you like but I just love it.
I looked around for some last week and discovered a few recent torrents so that's what I've uploaded for you.
I know very little about the artists and, in many cases, the songs are Trad anyway but the music is brilliant! Maybe it's the Scottish blood in me, I have an affinity with music that is what I like to call 'real' music; acoustic instruments like fiddles, drums, violins or flutes..guitars and whatever else can be used to make a noise and is usually played in a persons garden in the summer, or, in a bar where the local drinking population are locked in for a late night. Preferably far away in the hills or mountains where the only sounds outside of the building are of the wind and a few wild Deer or goats..hehe.
Aahhh...Memories.

So what have we got?
To start is a pretty much all rounder of an album, with a good sampling of the(many) styles of this music that have evolved. I need to read up on it but it's not just a single genre (Cajun/Zydeco)but has so many 'flavours', I suspect it has it's roots in Blues..but then, maybe blues has it's roots in Zydeco for all I know. I never claimed to be an expert.
I have heard a lot of this stuff though. A friend in Scotland used to always be playing Cajun tunes so I got used to hearing it but never tired of it.
Some tracks can sound so much like hillbilly stereotype and yet another can have such a wailing bluesy feel...well this album covers a lot so it's a good start!
Various Artists - Absolutely the Best Cajun & Zydeco [1999]
Check out the info and playlist here

A totally unrelated picture :)

LINKS:
Remember - Files are in Rar archives~ Info Here
Single Rar Archive] Click or Click.
================
Single Rar Alternative 1] Click or Click.
================
Single Rar Alternative 2] Click or Click.
================
================
OK that's the first. Before I go let me just say that if this isn't to your liking, don't ignore what's coming up: The next few albums are a bit more 'raw' and special...maybe not as commercial.
More Cajun coming right up!


Tags::::::

Labels: , , , ,

- Link for this post -

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot thank you enough, I've been looking round for this genre of music for ages.
All I can say your posts made me so happy, that I'm dancing round in my apartment, blasting all three albums like crazy.
First I heard of this music was long time ago when I was watching "The Southern Comfort", and that music really got to me, though I am a listener of completely opposite genres.
Since then I've only managed to find a couple of Balfa Brothers songs, but nothing this complete.

I thank you very much for sharing, you've made me a very happy person, filled with joy.

Kind regards

k

9/28/2007 04:10:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the Cajun, HitMe.
Excellent stuff, but, unlike you, I find that a little bit of it goes a long way, and I can get tired of it.
Not complaining, mind you, just commenting.

Cheers.

10/05/2007 04:16:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home